Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 193,671 times)

KiramidHead

I only very rarely buy singles, and the last few were only because I'm a rabid Silent Hill maniac... never finished buying Anne's Story though...

Ultramorph

I'm pre-ordering the single issues of this and Life and Death, but if it's anything like FaS, I'll probably also pick up the digital copies as well while I wait for the physical copies to come in the mail.

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 29, 2016, 07:28:08 PM
I only very rarely buy singles, and the last few were only because I'm a rabid Silent Hill maniac... never finished buying Anne's Story though...

Probably for the best. I hated working on that book.

KiramidHead

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 29, 2016, 11:54:58 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 29, 2016, 07:28:08 PM

Probably for the best. I hated working on that book.

Ah, okay. You still put in fine work, regardless.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 29, 2016, 07:45:06 PM
I'm pre-ordering the single issues of this and Life and Death, but if it's anything like FaS, I'll probably also pick up the digital copies as well while I wait for the physical copies to come in the mail.

Don't you have a local? I left work a little early to go pick F&S up when the issues were released.  :P

SpreadEagleBeagle

That is awesome artwork - all of it! I hope it stays black-and-white because the detail, contrasts and shadows are mind-boggling. I'm usually not that excited about franchise comics, but this one looks promising. I hope it tries do tell a good story that doesn't depend on action and combat. As I said before, ALIEN: Fire & Stone was great, really enjoyed that one. I hope this ones on par with A:F&S.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2016, 12:23:42 AM
Don't you have a local? I left work a little early to go pick F&S up when the issues were released.  :P

Nope, my local closed a few years ago. I picked up the digital copies mostly because I'm terrible at avoiding spoilers.

HuDaFuK

Got mine pre-ordered, which I guess means my comics cherry has been popped.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 30, 2016, 03:16:01 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2016, 12:23:42 AM

Nope, my local closed a few years ago. I picked up the digital copies mostly because I'm terrible at avoiding spoilers.

That's a shame. As long as you're getting your fill.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 01, 2016, 09:28:13 AM
Got mine pre-ordered, which I guess means my comics cherry has been popped.

Congrats!  :P

HuDaFuK

Is he going to tell her about Sevastopol's safety procedures?

Perfect-Organism

Yes and probably that she shouldn't be there...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 01, 2016, 04:35:47 PM
Is he going to tell her about Sevastopol's safety procedures?

Glad I'm not the only one who saw that!

vikingspawn

Is Randy the head editor of the line?   That would rule.

Perfect-Organism

So curious to see the astronaut suit from Alien and the pulse rifle from Aliens in the same frame.  They were generations apart in terms of appearance.  One had the 70's aesthetic vibe while the other was very eighties futuristic hi-tech.  It's like two very different realities crashing into each other.  Thanks for that...

HuDaFuK

Well the Pulse Rifle was meant to have been around for about a decade before Aliens. And maybe it's just an old suit used in desperate circumstances. Although the Colonial Marines Tech Manual mentions the Alien-era suit still being in use, if I remember rightly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed