Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 193,848 times)

HuDaFuK

Yes, but it wouldn't be the first time a tie-in has come out partway through the run (Theory of Alien Propagation).

Ultramorph

#EggmorphingConfirmed
https://twitter.com/trexjones/status/684597606228439040

Also, some nice W-Y commandos:
https://twitter.com/trexjones/status/684578536032616450
That thing on the one's shoulder looks a bit Predator-esque.

Corporal Hicks

Both of those things please me. Very much so. I wonder if Tristan pushed for the eggmorphing or if it was already in there?

From Tristan's Facebook. Looks quite Alienish to me.

Russ840

Perhaps eggmorphing can happen when there is the lack of a queen. She could potentially give off or stimulate hormones and once she is not there a standard xenomorph can infect a host a cause egg morphing and start a new hive this way. Perhaps the resulting egg could be a guarenteed queen.

Vermillion

Still think egg morphing is lame.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 07, 2016, 12:40:55 PM
Perhaps eggmorphing can happen when there is the lack of a queen. She could potentially give off or stimulate hormones and once she is not there a standard xenomorph can infect a host a cause egg morphing and start a new hive this way. Perhaps the resulting egg could be a guarenteed queen.

That's a pretty popular way to get them both to fit.

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 07, 2016, 12:48:29 PM

If what I'm hoping we can do gets done, and you don't change your mind, I'll give you a big ass alien drawing for free.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 07, 2016, 01:13:39 PM

If what I'm hoping we can do gets done, and you don't change your mind, I'll give you a big ass alien drawing for free.

Wow. That's confidence! Have you guys got something special in store for us?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 07, 2016, 01:13:39 PMIf what I'm hoping we can do gets done, and you don't change your mind, I'll give you a big ass alien drawing for free.

Can I lie just to get some super artwork? :P

Interested to see what you have up your sleeve!

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 12:53:13 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 07, 2016, 12:40:55 PM

That's a pretty popular way to get them both to fit.

Damn it.  I thought I came up with that idea lol. Oh well. Is a cool answer to it I think. Can't wait to see what Tristan has in store.

Perfect-Organism

I could be a fan of egg-morphing only if it is done with some serious thought about how that works in the Alien biology.  If the Aliens are weapons, perhaps that could be a biologically designed feature, but if the Alien evolved, then its really strange to have such multiple reproductive methods.  I'm on the fence about egg-morphing.  I have been against the idea for ages as it ostensibly went against Aliens but I could live with it if it is done right.  I would certainly be against it if Fox didn't consider it canon.  I'm just not interested in going off on another tangent that is not related to what the films imply is canon.  Anybody know Fox's take on egg-morphing?

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 08:24:04 AM

From Tristan's Facebook. Looks quite Alienish to me.

Hey, that character and Verlaine shop at the same place! Awesome. :)

Corporal Hicks

Walmart...

KiramidHead

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 07, 2016, 01:13:39 PM

I tend to think of egg morphing as kind of goofy as well, so I'll sign up for that. Oh, but could I get some Silent Hill art instead? ;D

Corporal Hicks

Here's a look at #2

Looks very Alien Isolation. I like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed