Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 132,810 times)

Fruitcake

Fruitcake

Quote from: Undel on Oct 29, 2010, 06:04:44 PM
Verify integrity of game cache, it looks like some files are corrupted.
Already done that several times.
"1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired"
Then it downloads and i try the game out, but the same bug is still there.

Undel

Undel

Quote from: Fruitcake on Oct 29, 2010, 06:35:29 PM

Got the latest drivers for your video card too? There were some issues with ATI Catalyst and AvP before the 10.2 version.

Fruitcake

Fruitcake

Quote from: Undel on Oct 29, 2010, 06:46:35 PM
Quote from: Fruitcake on Oct 29, 2010, 06:35:29 PM

Got the latest drivers for your video card too? There were some issues with ATI Catalyst and AvP before the 10.2 version.

Yea, i got the newest 10.10 version.
The game just keeps downloading the file, and i keep validating. Nothing happens. Its the "only" problems I've encountered so far though.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Watch the trophy kill at 4:37

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Fruitcake on Oct 29, 2010, 04:01:32 PM
Mjello!
Well, just bought a new machine and i wanted to test out AvP to see how it would run.
I got no lags of any kind but i soon realized that the predators cloak renders him COMPLETLY invisible. Like in the first real mission as predator the pod you arrived in just looks like air, there's nothing at all. The 'ripples' from the cloak is gone. And when i encountered the first marines and turned on the thermal vision some odd trails got stuck on the screen where the marines had been. Anyone had these problems or know any solution? Its really unplayable in my opinion and i dont even want to think about the multiplayer with predators being completly invisible... Could use some help please.
I already reinstalled the game and got nothing, also tried to switch between dx 9 and 11 but the same bugs appear.

My system:
Windows 7 64bit
Radeon 5870
Intel i5 750 2.67GHz
8Gb DDR3 1066MHz

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=90548130-4468-4BBC-9673-D6ACABD5D13B&pf=true

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 07, 2010, 08:01:47 AM
Mjello!
Well, just bought a new machine and i wanted to test out AvP to see how it would run.
I got no lags of any kind but i soon realized that the predators cloak renders him COMPLETLY invisible. Like in the first real mission as predator the pod you arrived in just looks like air, there's nothing at all. The 'ripples' from the cloak is gone. And when i encountered the first marines and turned on the thermal vision some odd trails got stuck on the screen where the marines had been. Anyone had these problems or know any solution? Its really unplayable in my opinion and i dont even want to think about the multiplayer with predators being completly invisible... Could use some help please.
I already reinstalled the game and got nothing, also tried to switch between dx 9 and 11 but the same bugs appear.

My system:
Windows 7 64bit
Radeon 5870
Intel i5 750 2.67GHz
8Gb DDR3 1066MHz

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=90548130-4468-4BBC-9673-D6ACABD5D13B&pf=true

As its a steam only game it should install the latest c++ runtimes (and directx) for you when you first startup the game, but you could try this just to be sure.

Valheru

Valheru

Hey guys,

Just got my new graphics card which supports dx11, tried running AVP in dx11 mode and looks great apart from when i use a vision mode as a predator, then i get after images galore making it almost impossible to see. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

I might get some screen caps to help show what I am talking about if no one understands.

I am just running AVP in dx9 for now but would really like to be able to run it in dx11 since I now have a card that will do it.

Thanks,

Valheru

Fruitcake

Fruitcake

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 07, 2010, 08:01:47 AM
Mjello!

My system:
Windows 7 64bit
Radeon 5870
Intel i5 750 2.67GHz
8Gb DDR3 1066MHz

Sorry for the late reply, but i kinda gave up hope that anyone would come up with a solution.
Well, im not actually sure that its getting installed correctly, but if it is, its not doing the job. Still got the same issues. The game keeps downloading a file after i validate, but when i enter the game the same problem exists and then i close the game and validate again and it downloads the file once more. Its a circle of neverending validate and download with completely invisble predators and odd vision mode :/

If you want i could probably try to take a couple of screenshots to show you how it look? Not sure how to upload the pictures, but i might figure something out.

EDIT: Uploaded two videoes to youtube to show you exactly how it looks like.

Cloak issue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8stOpjyg9xI#
Vision issue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ7VqNwpA8Y#

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

my AVP crashed with no reason, whatever I am playing SP or MP
the menu is fine (coz I can still use function in menu) but when I click to join a game or select a story chapter to play
it turns black screen and crash, then back to my desktop and there is a new text file called "AVP2010crashedxxx_xxx" in my folder
help me please!!!!!!!!

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

I tried any way as I can
1. I re-install AVP directX
2. I re-install my AVP
3. I deleted all my mods that I used in AVP

but none of them help the problem

I am trying to update my graphic driver and sound driver

maybe this is the last chance

Predator_Dylan

Predator_Dylan

There may have been a topic on this before, but I could not find one.

I ordered this game off of ebay a few days ago and just got it today. Download and installation was completely fine. I try to go to the predator campaign and play on easy, the cutscene stuff is fine and so is the main menu when I go through it. But then I come to the actual gameplay where the predator is in his first mission, just the training I think, and the lag makes it completely unplayable because it freezes every single second and when I try to move it takes about 10 seconds to take one step. It is incredibly frustrating. I tried the marine and alien as well and they are both lag fests.

Brother

Brother

Maybe a graphic issue. Lag is for mulitplayer.

Xeno Killer 2179

Post your machine specs and game settings. Also verify the game is patched to the latest version.

Predator_Dylan

Well. My game setting are all of the default type. How do I check that it is patched to the current update and how do I find my machine specs?

Undel

Undel

Your game is patched by Steam automatically. As for your specs, enter here and pick AvP from the menu. You're not experimenting lag, just bad FPS probably due to your computer not being able to handle the game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed