Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 132,806 times)

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 22, 2010, 01:23:16 AM
The shoulder cannon is easily evaded. The bolts travel in a straight line. Just make your approach path unpredictable.

Being unable to fire it, just because you're jumping, doesn't really make sense.

thats if ur far away, this situation is during a melee combat. i bolded, "During a melee fight" bc of ur response. I agree, being unable to fire the plasmacaster while jumping DOES NOT make any sense, but it makes gameplay sense, and thats the sense that matters. This WILL be abused.

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: >Space Sweeper< on Feb 22, 2010, 01:35:20 AM
"Don't relax just yet, Marines."

Said way too much.

yeah im honestly surprised that they either didn't add more dialogue, or limit the amount of times dialogue is spoken, either one should have been used. when u start to hear that stuff while u sleep, its quite annoying and the marine dialogue is the on-going joke of this game.

spinksy

spinksy

Right - I LOVE this game, I loved it at first but the more I'm playing it the more I am really enjoying it!

However - one thing needs to be sorted, the Predator disc! I am Predator as much as I can be (although I'm really enjoying the marines and aliens too) but the disc is just to over powered. It definatley needs a 'cool down' time as to be honest it dosent even take that much nergy to use and your pretty much guarnteed a kill everytime you throw it! I'd say that 2 throws then it needs a 30-60 second cool down period.

I was just in deathmatch where a Predator got so many disc kills by merely throwing it down the corridor - he was getting 2 kills with most throws! thats just unfair and unskillfull.

If this is sorted it would stop alot of spawn kills to as everytime I'm spawn killed its nearly always by a disc.

Apart from this its all good!

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Played a few games of multiplayer, then went to a singleplayer round of survival. The menu when you hit select to see the gamertags and teammates was stuck on the screen. I couldn't get it off, so I died intentionally.
Next round, it was there again.

I haven't tried it again. I don't know if anyone else has this issue.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

No flares in MP or Survivor
Disc spamming is a HUGE issue
Survivor maps are to small
Lack of weapon selection for the Marine
Flares aren't always red when tossed (see colony level, they light orange in certain spots)
Repetitive lines from the AI
Game freezes from time to time, even on my XBOX360
Most maps feel stale (I like Refinery and Pyramids though and they need to add some sort of old school LV-426 map or something)
When people leave a game cause they are getting owned, you get no experience or a win (total BS)

They fix some of that, I would be happy.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 22, 2010, 03:23:57 AM
Repetitive lines from the AI
Aside from the poor/rediculous blood animation (especially human), that is my number one issue with the game.

It's just insane how many times you'll hear "Don't let your gaurd down", "Don't relax just yet, Marines", and the same Human death scream over, and over, and over again. It's pretty dissapointing, and extremely annoying.

Sequel advice? Write more lines of dialoge! More Marine models, and more voice actors are desperately needed.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I wonder who did Tequila's voice...I love her.

Hawkins

Hawkins

Ditto....great voice she has

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Hawkins on Feb 22, 2010, 04:07:56 AM

"What's the matter Rookie? Didn't they go over this in simulation?"

Dr.Pred

Dr.Pred

The only real bug I've seen in this game is it sometimes freezes when I play Survivor, and only Survivor. Has anyone else experienced this? I have the game on Xbox 360.

Thanks.

Hawkins

Hawkins

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 22, 2010, 04:09:32 AM
Quote from: Hawkins on Feb 22, 2010, 04:07:56 AM

wish I came across a chick with that kind of voice in real life lol

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 22, 2010, 04:09:32 AM

Does anyone else find the blasé attitude in this line a little incongruous considering a completely alien ship has just appeared and destroyed their only way off the planet in less than ten seconds? Sure, great time to poke fun at the newbie. I also doubt any of them would have been through that particular scenario in simulation, no matter how experienced...

PsychoticMarik

PsychoticMarik

Some times during stealth/trophy kills the person I'm performing it one will simply drop down dead, and the animation will either get interrupted...or finish on a invisible target.

This happens ALL THE TIME.
Its rather lame...

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 22, 2010, 04:32:52 AM
Some times during stealth/trophy kills the person I'm performing it one will simply drop down dead, and the animation will either get interrupted...or finish on a invisible target.

This happens ALL THE TIME.
Its rather lame...

Happens to me 90% of the time. I get the kill, and it goes by faster so I don't have to worry about getting stealth killed.
But I would rather not feel like I am cheating.

Xhan

Xhan

In addition to rampant portal juju, apparently there's a severe texture culling issue AND a memory leak. Running on very high tex causes eventual creeping frame drop, even with 2/4 gigs of video memory, and 24 gigs of regular memory.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed