Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game

Started by Mr. Domino, Oct 09, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

Author
Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game (Read 75,418 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Origin of Terror lmao

[cancerblack]

Until somebody retcons it... it is.

razeak

There is wiggle room still. Ridley could change his mind lol. I'm accepting of it, but prefer the original, ancient monster.

[cancerblack]

Technically wiggle room, less so as of Covenant. I imagine Ridders is just as likely to change his mind again and do a reveal of something ancient, just because he seems to be doing it all on a whim and very open to influence/suggestions from those around him. Also might never get a third prequel and just get some kind of retcon/reboot, which may or may not itself go for the new/old concepts.

razeak

Agreed. A simple change would be that in his arrogance, David merely believed he created the alien, rather than unlocking old code.

[cancerblack]

With the murals in Prometheus, I don't think having him be that ignorant of previous incarnations would work, considering how much he claims to have studied the Engineers and the Accelerant.

However, if in his ill maintained, delusional state, something was manipulating him into resurrecting it... I could buy that.

Spoiler

It's all happened before, and will all happen again. We've got the entire life cycle here already.

[close]

razeak

That's true. I like the arrogance idea though. There could be millions of "recipes" waiting to be discovered.

At the very least I hope the arrogance leads to his fall.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Some clear images of the card text and box here: https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/43738/legendary-encounters-alien-covenant

Including a look at one of the Neomorph player cards (rather than the enemy cards). That Bloodbuster is lethal.

Machiko Naguchi

Yeah I was referring to the Gale Force Nine game in my post. It sounds like the scenarios for the game mostly take place in the colony so that is probably why I referred to it like that.

razeak

Yikes, that bloodburster card is painful.

The Old One

The Old One

As expected.

Machiko Naguchi

So I got to try out a demo of the Covenant expansion at Gen Con. Overall it seems pretty fun though we didn't get too far into it. If possible it seems even a little harder than the original game lol. We played for probably about 40 minutes or so and out of our five man team two were dead and the other three had 1 health each. As you noted the bloodburster card is a huge problem. Our first two turns were literally and egg sac and then an event to activate it and we had a bloodburster on turn two  >:(  We even found David in the complex and one of us got him in our deck but he wasn't able to help before we started dying. But everything I saw seemed pretty on theme for the film as far as characters, enemies, locations etc. I went ahead and bought the expansion from the Upper Deck booth but haven't yet had a chance to go through it. I did get a special promo for buying it there so my final enemy alien has the artwork pose of the alien on top of the loader ship instead of the normal generic artwork. Once I open it and go through the new stuff I can give some more info. Even though the movie may not have been the best it still looks like some cool new ideas for the game, which is great  :)

Corporal Hicks

So the game was available to purchase at the con? Would love to see the promo if you can?

The expansion was rock solid too. They don't f**k about the difficulty in this game.

Machiko Naguchi

Yep, they had a big stack of expansions for sale at the Upper Deck booth. Not sure when exactly it comes out at retail but they were definitely prepared for the convention. Though they were pushing most of their advertisement to the Legendary James Bond game that is coming out. Everybody's badge lanyard had that logo on it and their booth even had a fancy car and you walked in through a swirl tunnel thing from the Bond logo. But after getting the expansion they did show me another of their new games that is like a suped up fantasy version of the card game War that I ended up getting as well  ;)

The promo is this image from their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/genconindy/posts/10156744569723155

razeak

Too fleshy to be perfect lol. It is an awesome image regardless..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed