Alien 3/Resurrection "plot hole"

Started by razeak, Feb 16, 2024, 03:19:54 AM

Author
Alien 3/Resurrection "plot hole" (Read 1,660 times)

razeak

razeak

There were chunks of alien all over the lead works. I guess they wanted the queen, but if they are cloning the Alien left plenty of genetic material. There was also a facehugger or two. Hell,  the Sulaco has eggs on it. Screw AR. Lol.

Also, my 6 year old was not pleased with Alien 3. Very sad "Rippee" died.

SM

SM

Simplest answer - they were unsuccessful in recreating anything.  Much of the bits of the adult would have fallen into the molten lead and what didn't was damaged.  Guess it didn't yield anything.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: razeak on Feb 16, 2024, 03:19:54 AMAlso, my 6 year old was not pleased with Alien 3. Very sad "Rippee" died.

Will you show him/her Rez ? Would you dare ?

razeak

razeak

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 16, 2024, 10:29:54 PM
Quote from: razeak on Feb 16, 2024, 03:19:54 AMAlso, my 6 year old was not pleased with Alien 3. Very sad "Rippee" died.

we just finished it. He's heartbroken. Lol.

Local Trouble

Quote from: razeak on Feb 17, 2024, 04:26:02 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 16, 2024, 10:29:54 PM

we just finished it. He's heartbroken. Lol.

So was I.

razeak

razeak

He, being 6, didn't actually hate it.......haha

BigDaddyJohn

I understand. Experiencing Josh Whedon's writing is rough.

PsyKore

PsyKore

The slapstick humour in A:RES was just what the series needed. :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

Shame how it turned out. This movie has beautiful visuals, with a better story it could have been something great.

I'm giving Whedon a lot of (generally deserved) shit but he also deserve credit for a few neat scenes he wrote, Ripley's clones for example.

PsyKore

PsyKore

The movie starts out very good. I like the dream-like atmosphere it creates. But a big issue the film has (apart from the goofiness) is that the sense of urgency dies and people just start loligaging around and making wisecracks. I do wish they threw whedon's work in the bin, honestly, because most other aspects of the film is ok when you think about it.

BigDaddyJohn

I think it's a very enjoyable movie overall. Just not on the level of the first three movies for me.

Even Alien 3 with all the plot holes is far superior. It does feel like an Alien movie all the time.

razeak

razeak

A:R for me fails the most with too much cartoonish characters. At the very least, they never dial the cartoon aspect back. I used to like Perlman's character, but he just bored me to tears now. The General is the worst thing in the entire series for me.

Vriess was sooooooo......SpongeBob. Just a lot of constant noise. He has some moments though. Christie is just ridiculous.

Gediman and whatever the lead scientists name were mustache twirling villains. Well, Gediman not so much. Just unearned insanity plot wise. I get what they were trying to to show, but I had to fill in the gaps myself.

It's a watchable film....somewhat.

It does have some stellar moments with the brief depth we get in the clone room and the action movie goodness in the initial part of the water scene. Other than that, it's a silly film that happens to have "aliens".

I don't think the xenos look very good, but the newborn practical was great, even if the design is wish.com Giger.

BigDaddyJohn

The Newborn is an absolute marvelous technical prowess.

Looking that thing in the eyes still creeps me out.

SM

SM

Plug op.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 17, 2024, 12:57:26 PMThe movie starts out very good. I like the dream-like atmosphere it creates. But a big issue the film has (apart from the goofiness) is that the sense of urgency dies and people just start loligaging around and making wisecracks. I do wish they threw whedon's work in the bin, honestly, because most other aspects of the film is ok when you think about it.

I agree, the film works till Charles Dance dies. Then we get monologues and speeches.. this is not Masterpiece Theater. XD :D 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed