When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 77,187 times)

SM

SM

It can be classed as a flop if you make up your own definition of 'flop'.

monkeylove

monkeylove

Quote from: SM on Nov 05, 2017, 06:56:51 AM
It's simple maths.

When the box office reaches a certain amount it means everything has been paid for and the movie starts making a profit.

What part of it doesn't make sense?

I can't help but think you're just trolling now because you keep disputing a very basic and straightforward concept.

For-profit businesses don't operate that way, especially given competition and investors.

In this case, studios compete with each other and look for the projects that will maximize their profits. The same goes for investors that want to get the best returns on their investment.

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2017, 12:45:11 AM
It can be classed as a flop if you make up your own definition of 'flop'.

What you are looking for are the following:

1. What profit margin was the studio expecting? What were their investors expecting in terms of returns?

2. Did they get them?

SM

Like I said - if you redefine 'flop' to whatever suits your horse flogging agenda rather than the traditional usage - it can be called a flop.

Highland

I'd say it wasn't a hit, wasn't a flop. Just a regular ol movie. Like you used to rent at the video store.

SM

That's probably downplaying it a little - but in financial terms, correct.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2017, 03:15:56 AM
That's probably downplaying it a little - but in financial terms, correct.

I think for the budget, it looks and sounds a bit better than it probably should. At least what movies are costing these days.

Anthony

In light of the Disney/21st Century Fox news, 2 things need to be said:

1. The talks seems to be dead at the moment.

2. Even if the talks came back into play, Disney won't "Disney-fy" Alien, or Predator, or any of their more "adult" series. There's no chance in hell we'll get Xenomorphs VS the Avengers or a PG-13 film. It'll likely be what Touchstone and Miramax were like. But again, the whole deal will probably not happen.

So before people start freaking out: CHILL.

SM

Was anyone freaking out?

Anthony

I figured that when someone posted about it, people would not react well to it. I've seen someone in the fourms bring up the possibility of a Disney sale in the past, and people did not like that idea at all.

Alionic

Quote from: AD on Nov 06, 2017, 08:18:27 PM
In light of the Disney/21st Century Fox news

Wow, I just heard about this. This is horrible f**king news. Why would 20th Century Fox be bought off by Disney? They have been doing really well on their own.

Disney is becoming way too f**king powerful.

Jonesy1974

Stop freaking out

SM

You were a bit early, AD.

0321recon

0321recon

Was about to post something regarding Disney/Fox and the future of the Alien series, though I wasn't quick enough. Interesting if it comes into fruition, though would not bod well for Alien. Who knows. Let's see what happens.

SM

Why would it not bode well?

0321recon

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2017, 09:27:24 PM
Why would it not bode well?

Tone-down the films for mainstream audiences. Though, who knows. They could surprise us. They did it with Rogue One.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed