2 More Days of Filming!

Started by ace3g, Jul 19, 2018, 12:48:58 AM

Author
2 More Days of Filming! (Read 22,690 times)

Wysps

Wysps

I think we're safe from the Yutani/Machiko stuff. Can't say the same for whoever else you mentioned  :P There may or may not be cringe that lies ahead.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Probably just pick-up shots to tie together editing better in some places. 2 days is nothing, it must be something very minor.

Arnold already said he won't do the cameo, and if they really wanted to have him in the movie, they would have included him in the reshoots, there was the chance of him having a substantial part.

Don't get your hopes up for that.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Besides an Arnold cameo, what are the chances of a Xenomorph cameo?

Master

Master

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 19, 2018, 08:40:05 AM
Besides an Arnold cameo, what are the chances of a Xenomorph cameo?

We have one in P2.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 19, 2018, 01:11:23 AM
Spoiler
What was Arnold's character supposed to do at the end exactly? Did they go the whole Dutch on a Predator ship in Predator gear route?
[close]

Spoiler
He appears in a helicopter, introduces himself and says to McKenna, Casey and Rory: "The war has already started. Please come with me. Especially you! (referring to Rory)"
No Predator ship, no Predator gear.
[close]

That's all.

Quote from: von on Jul 19, 2018, 03:55:17 AM
filming Dutch's cameo?  ;D

Given the fact that they are connecting kinda all the films together, besides Dutch (because he refused to appear in the film) it also could be:

- Anna
- Harrigan
- Garber
- Leona
- Lex
- Dallas
- Kelly
- Ricky, Molly (I don't think so)
- Colonel Stevens
- Ms Yutani
- Royce and Isabelle

But the latter 2 were on a foreign planet and for their cameo a 2 day shooting is just...short, so I would ignore them.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I truly believe they aren't tying AVP into this. It's just gonna be nods to the audience, not tying AVP scenaristically, that's totally different. And i hope Arnold doesn't appear either, too gimmicky.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I really hope there is no cameo, at least not a silly cringe worthy one.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I'm still not sure why they didn't just have Arnold in the movie period. As a supporting character who did heavy hitter work for Stargazer. It makes sense. Making Dutch a bit of an anti-hero who's fought Predators for too long and has basically become as brutal as they are.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 19, 2018, 02:57:41 PM
I'm still not sure why they didn't just have Arnold in the movie period. As a supporting character who did heavy hitter work for Stargazer. It makes sense. Making Dutch a bit of an anti-hero who's fought Predators for too long and has basically become as brutal as they are.

The answer is simple: the script is not about it. :)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 19, 2018, 03:07:48 PM

The answer is simple: the script is not about it. :)

The script wasn't about "HEY ITS MEEEE ARNAHLD SCWARZENNEGARRR IM HEEAAAHHH TO SMILE FOR DA CAMURAAA AT DEE LAST MINUTESS AHAYAHH!!"

But they still wrote that shit in there.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

I really hope they are filming some kind of post credits stinger, especially if John Davis said they want 2 more films

PredBabe

PredBabe

Maybe it pertains to a Predator actually living? Like the camera follows a trail of green blood through the woods and up a tree trunk before we hear that iconic clicking/purr and then cut to the credits. That's if they changed Captured's death... which probably not.

Shane said he left enough room for sequels but he didn't give a definitive yes that there will be one that follows up on this movie either. So it all may just be suggestive.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 19, 2018, 03:25:42 PM
Shane said he left enough room for sequels but he didn't give a definitive yes that there will be one that follows up on this movie either. So it all may just be suggestive.

I think that's what most directors/producers say or aspire to these days. I remember all that talk about a sequel to Predators and the disappointment when it didn't happen. If we do get a continuation, it'd be interesting to actually have a proper sequel to a Predator movie instead of starting a completely different story. Crossing my fingers hard!

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Personally I wish more movies would adopt the Wrath of Khan method of "sequel baiting."

Drop a few seeds into the main story and just... Ya know, don't comment or draw attention to em. Just have em there. Spock working to save the ship, knocks Doctor McCoy out, mind melds, says "remember." and poof. That's the thread for a sequel.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Right. The two leads could've been McKenna and Dutch...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed