When do you think we'll get the lead actor announcement?

Started by BishopShouldGo, Jun 23, 2016, 07:07:48 PM

Author
When do you think we'll get the lead actor announcement? (Read 5,185 times)

Xan21

Ok let's have a Predator film where no one gets killed. What a thrillll...

BishopShouldGo

There's this great franchise called Friday the 13th. ;)

Kaltes

Someday.

That's my answer.

Corporal Hicks

It's important that it not just become Friday the 13th or Saw where it's about inventive ways of killing the character. Dekker or Black, I can't remember which, talked about how it was important that the characters were actually good. Something to the effect of them being good enough that if you took them away from the Predator story, people would still want to watch them. Which is great. That's exactly what we want. Characters we love.

overthere

I'd watch a movie about Dutch and his men in Afghanistan (Poncho thinks something's worth remembering from there). I'd watch a movie with them anywhere, without the Predator.

Corporal Hicks

And that is exactly what they want from The Predator too. And it's not a bad thing.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Jul 11, 2016, 06:05:45 PMI'd watch a movie about Dutch and his men in Afghanistan (Poncho thinks something's worth remembering from there). I'd watch a movie with them anywhere, without the Predator.

I'd watch a movie about them painting a room.

Mostly because they'd probably do it with explosives.

Corporal Hicks

overthere

Come to think of it, having a movie in which the Predator is just a background character sounds interesting. Like how zombies are not the main thing in The Walking Dead. Imagine a movie in which a Predator is hunting on Earth, but the plot is something unrelated to it, while we only get a sense of the horror the Predator imposes.

Something like Cloverfield 10.

Xan21

Xan21

That's taking it too far I think, seen or unseen, the predator is the star.

BishopShouldGo

Having good characters doesn't mean you have to forfeit the predator creature.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think anyone genuinely expects a Predator-less film but the idea behind the characters being so interesting that they could carry the film without one is wonderful.

Master

Master

Predator works the best when it`s defined genere film with Predator in it. Predator is 80`s muscle filck with Predator in it, P2 is 90`s detective buddy story with Predator in it. Hell even AvP is mystery - exploration filck with Predator in it. AvP-r and Predators were too much Predator focused and it didn`t really worke out so well cause without Predator there wasn`t really anything left.

overthere

Quote from: Master on Jul 13, 2016, 12:00:47 PM
Predator works the best when it`s defined genere film with Predator in it. Predator is 80`s muscle filck with Predator in it, P2 is 90`s detective buddy story with Predator in it. Hell even AvP is mystery - exploration filck with Predator in it. AvP-r and Predators were too much Predator focused and it didn`t really worke out so well cause without Predator there wasn`t really anything left.

I agree.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master on Jul 13, 2016, 12:00:47 PMPredator is 80`s muscle filck with Predator in it.

Predator is actually a complete deconstruction of 80s muscle flicks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed