AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,235 times)

JediYautja

JediYautja

Interesting, happypred!

My idea has a similar time, but I was thinking more along the lines of 2100, so it's the beginning of a new century and they (Weyland-Yutani) have been designing the ships to go into space.

Maybe something to relate to the current economic climate (W-Y have been on the verge of meltdown five times in the last two decades, so their plan to get the Xenomorph for the bio-weapons division is sketched out, to get back into the black, that sort of thing). I know it isn't really the thing of excitement, but it'll give it some story and it'll really show how far the company is willing to go to, to make profits.

And then you have my Predator/Alien story ideas along-side!

happypred

happypred

Quote from: JediYautja on Dec 03, 2008, 05:36:17 PM
Interesting, happypred!

My idea has a similar time, but I was thinking more along the lines of 2100, so it's the beginning of a new century and they (Weyland-Yutani) have been designing the ships to go into space.

Maybe something to relate to the current economic climate (W-Y have been on the verge of meltdown five times in the last two decades, so their plan to get the Xenomorph for the bio-weapons division is sketched out, to get back into the black, that sort of thing). I know it eallisn't really the thing of excitement, but it'll give it some story and it'll really show how far the company is willing to go to, to make profits.

And then you have my Predator/Alien story ideas along-side!

Could you provide more details for your idea?

As for my idea, I think that if the Company had recovered the queen from AvP, it really shows how cold-blooded it later was in the first Alien film, because in that case the Company knew about queens all along, so it knew exactly what the Nostromo crew would run into and fully understood the species' deadly nature from the very beginning.   

SiL

SiL

Dudes ... the f**k ever happened to continuity?

SM

SM

Contiwhat?

JediYautja

JediYautja

happypred - Ah, I see where you're going...Nice touch. My idea basically exemplifies that W-Y will do anything to pursue extra money...It might seem a bit of a cliche, but what does anyone with money want? More money! I'm imagining that W-Y is run by typical fat-cats who hunger for power and wealth and that their bio-weapons division is a newly formed sector (due to the Xenomorphs), purely because they could make millions from it. And I'm thinking that their company could be going through another economic downturn, which could make their hunt for the Aliens even more desperate (money again). It brings in my captured Predator, too...And their Xenomorph hunts...It's all connected.

SiL - Continuity is all part of the ideas that we've been trying to churn out. It's the very basis of my ideas and it seems that way with happypred, too. Excuse me if you can't see it, but it's there.

SM - ?

SM

SM

Continuity - That thing that says in Alien and Aliens the Company had no idea what the Aliens were and were capable of.

happypred

happypred

they lied

Quote from: JediYautja on Dec 03, 2008, 11:17:37 PM
happypred - Ah, I see where you're going...Nice touch. My idea basically exemplifies that W-Y will do anything to pursue extra money...It might seem a bit of a cliche, but what does anyone with money want? More money! I'm imagining that W-Y is run by typical fat-cats who hunger for power and wealth and that their bio-weapons division is a newly formed sector (due to the Xenomorphs), purely because they could make millions from it. And I'm thinking that their company could be going through another economic downturn, which could make their hunt for the Aliens even more desperate (money again). It brings in my captured Predator, too...And their Xenomorph hunts...It's all connected.

I get the gist of it, so your story takes place before Alien. I'm assuming that the Company actively searches for aliens, but low-level employees (like the Nostromo crew) are kept completely clueless, that is, the existence of the aliens is kept highly confidential even within the Company. That's pretty much the idea that I'm running with, that the Company knows a lot more than it reveals, within the Company only a secret division knows of their existence, and that the Nostromo crew and the Acheron colony were expendable as long as the Company could get its hands on a specimen.

SM

SM

Quotethey lied

Or fanfic writers lack creativity.

I'm thinking the latter.

JediYautja

JediYautja

Exactly, happypred...It's like the Coca-Cola/KFC/Heinz Ketchup formulas, as in only the few people at the very top know what it is.

And yeah, 2100, so 22 years before the events of Alien.

Quote from: SM on Dec 03, 2008, 11:20:33 PM
Continuity - That thing that says in Alien and Aliens the Company had no idea what the Aliens were and were capable of.

The point of the films was that they (at Weyland-Yautani) did know about them...How much they knew was unclear, but they knew. And if you were referring to the board of directors scene in Aliens, then it was one of two options; 1) like happypread said, they lied, or 2) there were higher people than them that knew about the Xenomorphs, but I think it's most likely the former.

SM

SM

QuoteThe point of the films was that they (at Weyland-Yautani) did know about them...

No, they knew the content of the Jockey transmission.

If they really knew about the Aliens, they wouldn't wait for 60 years after the Nostromo disappeared to actually exploit them.

SiL

SiL

Also, it doesn't make much sense that if they knew all about the Alien in Alien, they'd only send a small mining vessel to go check out the signal, rather than, say, a team which could actually securely bring back a specimen.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: War Wager on Dec 01, 2008, 10:33:04 PM
Same here. Mabye a glimpse of one of their ships or something.
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 01, 2008, 11:48:46 PM
I could go for another derelict; seems harmless.

Personally, I wouldn't that. Granted, it's better than having Predators and Jockeys at a board meeting discussing trading agreements on aliens eggs, but all I want in AvP3/Alien 5 is some dialogue that merely acknowledges the Space Jockey's existence.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

A brief glimpse of a derelict wouldn't imply anything other than just what you suggest.

SM

SM

Nah - they just lied.

Yeah, that's it.

For what purpose - who the hell knows.  It's fan fic - it doesn't have to make sense.

Milan

Milan

I would like to have a Predator hunting them... :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed