AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,226 times)

Liberator

Liberator

The movie should be spooky, not so biased against humans in my honest opinion, and one way to do this would be to place the action on an alien world where the human cast is trying to explore or fght a war and among the dangers or opponents are predators and xenomorphs who are going at each other with a vengeance.  Maybe we want to explore an ancient city, or liberate a fallen people?  We would be more powerful, ourselves, with advanced equipment and no one would have to be cannon fodder.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

..the f**k?

I love this forum.  :laugh:

Dowly

Dowly

It's refreshing to see someone with new and.. uh.. "unique" ideas every once in a while.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Predators are monsters and should remain as such throughout the films....

I dont want them to have too much of an "honor" code.. as they have been shown to be very dirty fighters. I also wouldnt like them to have too much of an advanced culture with "singing and dancing".. or any other attempt to make them "relatable" or turn them into "klingons" of sorts. lol What would follow after that... performances of Shakespeare in Yautja language?  :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Blacklabel on Nov 26, 2013, 02:23:19 PM
What would follow after that... performances of Shakespeare in Yautja language?  :P

Rrrrrrrrooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooo, wheeeeeeerrrrrrrrrreee arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtt thouuuuuuuuu, Rrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeooooooooo?

If you have the patience for Predator English speak, it could be fun, no?

Dowly

Dowly

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 26, 2013, 03:27:37 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Nov 26, 2013, 02:23:19 PM
What would follow after that... performances of Shakespeare in Yautja language?  :P

Rrrrrrrrooooooooooooommmmmmmm mmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooo, wheeeeeeerrrrrrrrrreee arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtt thouuuuuuuuu, Rrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooommmmmmm mmmmmmeeeeeeeooooooooo?

If you have the patience for Predator English speak, it could be fun, no?

:laugh:

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

..the performances of Hamlet will be HARDCORE.  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

See, you two have the right idea :)

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Random idea

Set in the Alien futuristic timeline, following a crew of planet explorers/salvagers and a large team of hired mercenaries.
To their surprise find an inhabitable alien planet deep in space that has a rich and unique eco-system, in their exploring they find a derelict craft of unknown origin..

They then proceed to set up base and decide to explore the derelict craft to look for any signs of life or anything of value but 
unbeknownst to them they have stumbled onto the hunting grounds of a ruthless clan of 6-9 predators , a clan who circle the planets orbit with their ship and only proceed to the ground when they engage in a hunt. 
These are predators who have never seen humans before and find them intriguing and after watching them fight off a few of the planets natural predators and being able to hold their own, soon find them worthy of hunting.

So they send out a hunting crew of 3-5 predators to move in and track the human visitors who have taken a liking to their sacred hunting grounds.
Meanwhile the humans discover that the derelict spacecraft had indeed been shot down by something of unknown origin and decide to head back to camp, little do they know they have discovered a space-jockey ship, a space jockey ship that had been transporting multiple Queen alien eggs in it's cargo.

The predators having shot down the space-jockey ship long ago in a pre-emptive attack due to them having encountered their destructive race before but not knowing of the dangerous cargo it's ship withheld and as the humans get comfy an alien outbreak slowly ensues while the predators descend for a hunt they are ill prepared for and humans are all caught In the middle.

That's just a vague idea I have, of course showing the aliens and predators should be minimalistic and full of tension/horror as possible and we should be viewing all of this from the humans point of view, preferably with relatable characters.
Their goal should be to do their job, then survive and then find a way to get off of this planet.

The idea of predators being inexperienced with humans and aliens would put their superior hunting capabilities and technology to the test while also allowing the aliens to get the upper-hand on the predators and kill a few of them off and a select 2-3 predators having to learn how to adapt to their new prey and learning how to kill some aliens off and humans are just in the middle of this mess trying to survive and find a way off the planet..

Just an idea..

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Interesting.  Just not too far into the future so Lex can return for this one.

Liberator

Liberator

There should be a link to Prometheus in the next AVP movie.  We have a good thread about the possibility over in the Prometheus forum.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

A good thread you say?

Liberator

Liberator

I am trying to make it a good one, at any rate.  I get bombarded by these rude, sarcastic people all the time, but if everyone just ignores all the trolling the thread is just for ideas about a possible connection to AVP with Prometheus.  It's a wide open field for speculation, because we know all three movies are in the same universe, so the studio really is bound to make stuff connecting it all.  Dark Horse comics, I understand, is already in the works of a few stories.  I hope to bring some positive comments to the thread, to force out the nay-sayers, but if you just don't like the concept I can understand that.  I think for crossover movies, they can fill niches like to explain what happened to the engineers on LV 223 2,000 years ago, but the official series movies can focus on their own stories without doing any crossovers.  The predator makes an appearance, very secretly, like an "Easter egg" hidden in Prometheus, which the nay-sayers are saying is actually just an accidental camera problem called lens flare that no one thought to edit out in the final cut.  I say, at least, when they saw it they said "Why don't we leave that in, because it looks pretty cool".

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: Liberator on Dec 15, 2013, 05:00:57 AM
I am trying to make it a good one, at any rate.  I get bombarded by these rude, sarcastic people all the time, but if everyone just ignores all the trolling the thread is just for ideas about a possible connection to AVP with Prometheus.  It's a wide open field for speculation, because we know all three movies are in the same universe, so the studio really is bound to make stuff connecting it all.  Dark Horse comics, I understand, is already in the works of a few stories.  I hope to bring some positive comments to the thread, to force out the nay-sayers, but if you just don't like the concept I can understand that.  I think for crossover movies, they can fill niches like to explain what happened to the engineers on LV 223 2,000 years ago, but the official series movies can focus on their own stories without doing any crossovers.  The predator makes an appearance, very secretly, like an "Easter egg" hidden in Prometheus, which the nay-sayers are saying is actually just an accidental camera problem called lens flare that no one thought to edit out in the final cut.  I say, at least, when they saw it they said "Why don't we leave that in, because it looks pretty cool".

No we don't "know". If we did, we wouldn't have people picking and choosing what's canon. You can't just state what you believe and claim it as fact.

Liberator

Liberator

What am I making up?  Prometheus is in the Alien universe, or more accurately, Alien is in the Prometheus universe.  Michael Fassbender, who plays the android, David, in the movie, says that the events of Alien are like happening in one tiny corner of the story's universe, during the same time table as the events of Prometheus which are much bigger and far reaching.  Prometheus is the new main story for Ridley Scott's part.

The comic books are already going to incorporate Prometheus into the stories for AVP.  I read this on these forums from an independent poster. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed