Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,182 times)

maestro

maestro

Quote from: Darkbladepred2.0 on Jun 25, 2011, 10:30:38 AM
Quote from: DUB1 on Jun 25, 2011, 09:59:54 AM
Quote from: maestro on Jun 23, 2011, 12:27:26 PM
i think they should just do n adaptation of the classic "alien vs predator" comic, the one with machiko on ryushi

If Machiko dies in one of the most gruesome way imaginable then I'm all for it. Don't care which species kills her. And the Aliens must not be portrayed as cannon fodder.

I don't know about her dying a violent death, but if we ditch the bullshit at the end where she joins up with the Predators and flies away in their magical spaceship to go live with them in cotton candy land, then the original comic would be a great film.
i think the ending of that comic could stick, because as told in the comics after that, the predator society is nothing like a cotton candy world. that story could be a sequel!

DUB1

DUB1

I'd rather the comics' Predator society never be canonised, unless it's only one culture out of many. It was way too human-like, with the much ridiculed Shorty and a feminazi's (not the same as a feminist) wet dream with the overly dominant female Preds. Larger and more aggressive females, sure, why not. Gender dominance? Hell no!

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

Quote from: maestro on Jun 25, 2011, 10:55:52 AM
i think the ending of that comic could stick, because as told in the comics after that, the predator society is nothing like a cotton candy world. that story could be a sequel!

Come on, can you honestly say it's believable for them to just take her in? And for her to become a part of their society (however lowly she was seen as when she was a part of it)? And for her to go head to head with them in unarmed battles?

Machiko's story pretty much went way past acceptable levels of disbelief suspension after the first comic.

Quote from: DUB1 on Jun 25, 2011, 11:17:16 AM
I'd rather the comics' Predator society never be canonised

I think we've found something we agree on.

maestro

maestro

Quote from: DUB1 on Jun 25, 2011, 11:17:16 AM
I'd rather the comics' Predator society never be canonised, unless it's only one culture out of many. It was way too human-like, with the much ridiculed Shorty and a feminazi's (not the same as a feminist) wet dream with the overly dominant female Preds. Larger and more aggressive females, sure, why not. Gender dominance? Hell no!
the "feminazis" theory isnt from that comic, there isnt any female predators at all in that comic actually. i wonder what comic do the dominant female predators come from? i have never seen it.

DUB1

DUB1

About the Predator "Shorty" I would like to see him/it in a movie. But only as long as they omit the whole story of him/it being ridiculed by most other Preds. I'd love to see smaller Preds. Yes, I know some would say the "black" Predators and Classic in Predators were actually shorter, but the movie did not meant for that to be the case. "Shorty" could be the first actual small Predator introduced to the canon.

But as far as small Predators are concerned, I'd personally prefer Long Spear from P:CJ (the game, of course) to "Shorty". You don't need a P:CJ movie adaptation to bring it to the movieverse.

maestro

maestro

Quote from: DUB1 on Jun 25, 2011, 03:57:45 PM
About the Predator "Shorty" I would like to see him/it in a movie. But only as long as they omit the whole story of him/it being ridiculed by most other Preds. I'd love to see smaller Preds. Yes, I know some would say the "black" Predators and Classic in Predators were actually shorter, but the movie did not meant for that to be the case. "Shorty" could be the first actual small Predator introduced to the canon.

But as far as small Predators are concerned, I'd personally prefer Long Spear from P:CJ (the game, of course) to "Shorty". You don't need a P:CJ movie adaptation to bring it to the movieverse.
do the comic Concrete jungle have anything in common with the horrible death-rape that is the game?

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Quote from: DUB1 on Jun 25, 2011, 03:57:45 PM

Lol dwarf predators.
Theres a sort of Shorty at the end of pred2 that I always though was cool.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Keep the ideas original, and for god sake keep them grounded in reality. That is what has always made both franchises so popular, the fact that they could actually happen. It ads to the façade. The minute you start adding fantasy elements the credibility goes right out the window which unfortunately has happened too many times in the EU.

maestro

maestro

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 27, 2011, 09:34:46 AM
Keep the ideas original, and for god sake keep them grounded in reality. That is what has always made both franchises so popular, the fact that they could actually happen. It ads to the façade. The minute you start adding fantasy elements the credibility goes right out the window which unfortunately has happened too many times in the EU.
well i dont know about that, i wouldnt count AVP:Prey as EU because it was before all the movies, and everything, its the original story THE SOURCE material that everything else is based on.

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

Quote from: maestro on Jun 27, 2011, 10:27:48 AM
i wouldnt count AVP:Prey as EU because it was before all the movies, and everything, its the original story THE SOURCE material that everything else is based on.

Wasn't Prey just the novelization of the original comic? Wouldn't that make the comic THE SOURCE MATERIAL that everything else is based on?

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Darkbladepred2.0 on Jun 27, 2011, 10:41:02 AM
Quote from: maestro on Jun 27, 2011, 10:27:48 AM
i wouldnt count AVP:Prey as EU because it was before all the movies, and everything, its the original story THE SOURCE material that everything else is based on.

Wasn't Prey just the novelization of the original comic? Wouldn't that make the comic THE SOURCE MATERIAL that everything else is based on?

Correct and the comic's source material was Alien/Aliens & Predator. The original AVP never had eternal life, cyber punks or any other stupid fantasy ideas that have bled out of the EU over the years.

maestro

maestro

exactly!  :)

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 27, 2011, 10:48:40 AM
The original AVP never had eternal life, cyber punks or any other stupid fantasy ideas that have bled out of the EU over the years.

Yeah. The original comic was the only one besides "Duel" that I finished and was able to say "Gee, that actually fits in the universe the movies set up." (Aside from Machiko's joining of the Predators at the end.)

How does "Prey" compare to the comic? It's an adaptation, but does it try to add a bunch of ridiculous backstory to the Predators or anything?

Ghostface

Ghostface

Not really. It describes deeper what goes on on the ship and goes into some of their rituals a little but doesnt get too bogged down on it. Although that is where the whole "honor" code came from. It explains further why the clan attack the humans and why broken tusk turn around and kill his "students". It does make the whole team up thing make more sense.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Most AvP stories usually feature a group of ordinary (relatively speaking) people who discover the creatures for the first time and get caught between them, but both the A and P series establish the presence of a powerful human organization that not only knows of the creatures' existence, but is actively trying to acquire a specimen.  After the events of the Alien movies, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that there is at least one government or corporate entity that is aware of both aliens and predators and is seeking them out.

The next AvP movie could focus on the story of one or more persons who come into the employ of this organization and then, well, you know the drill.  Corruption, conspiracies, secrets, plot twists, and shocking discoveries all lead to a cataclysmic showdown between the three species.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed