Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘Prometheus’ Isn’t “Useful” for His ‘Alien’ Prequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 13, 2024, 12:24:45 PM

Author
Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘Prometheus’ Isn’t “Useful” for His ‘Alien’ Prequel (Read 32,429 times)

Scott Conover

Quote from: razeak on Feb 18, 2024, 02:03:47 AM
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Feb 16, 2024, 05:13:01 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 15, 2024, 06:13:14 PM
Quote from: razeak on Feb 15, 2024, 02:16:59 PMThank you Fox for slamming the door shut, at least temporarily, on desecrating the first film.  It was abused enough.

People will be saying the same about Blomkamp project whenever we can get that info out there.
I'm already saying that, so I can't wait to hear those details.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 14, 2024, 06:13:43 PMRidley was definitely heading towards David being in the Jockey suit we see in ALIEN. There were drafts of his 3rd film put together, and my understanding from the folks in the know is he was planning on tying the derelict from ALIEN to David. Like it or not, they were trying to connect it all.
I've been arguing for years that there's no way Ridley could do something so stupid...

Maybe we really did dodge a bullet, but I still want closure of some kind on David and the Covenant crew.
The irony. Alien turned male rape fear on its head to f**k men's psychology. Convenant turned Alien on its head to f**k Alien. Lol.

I've said it before, in a vacuum, I like Covenant. I just don't want it to water Alien down IMO. I'll pass on closure if we can not further molest Alien.

The worst thing Covenant did was have the Alien in it. The fist two acts are great because they had two really cool new alien threats to explore that hinted just enough about the origins and biology of the xenomorph without giving anything specific away. But nah, they both got dragged out back and put down like sick dogs so we could get 20 minutes of nostalgia. Even the CG Xeno looks confused. Dude just kinda wanders around a ship bumping into shit before getting sent off into space.

BigDaddyJohn

Apparently Hawley doesn't seem to take the prequels as a big influence. I'm cautiously optimistic about all of this, although I'm equally confused about the whole project.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Feb 10, 2024, 09:12:11 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 10, 2024, 02:55:42 AMNah. From now on The Pathogen only creates Neomorphs

With or without acid blood? 'Cos the Neomorphs in Covenant don't have it, and the Neomorphs in Inferno's Fall do.

P. S. the first creatures seemed like classical Neos (the first scene with them is great), but the rest didn't just have acid blood, they had hard red shells, exoskeletons.... And nowhere in the novel is it shown that this is a "special" strain (the thought of having different strains is so stupid to me). If you create the classical XX121 Xeno variants with the Pathogen just like that, what's the point of huggers and the Queen? So that'll always be a huge no no for me. Unless Deep Void is "milking" about 3 billion facehuggers and storing it in jars, I can't buy such a story. I'm headcannoning that it's just Neos and their variants, just was retold poorly in some bar...

BlueMarsalis79

That novel had potential, then it fell away from a cliff top, in Fireteam Elite you can rationalise them working with incomplete data as far as Pathogen's affecting Aliens goes.

Not so with Inferno's Fall being so inconsistent.

Huntsman

I'm of two minds. I like the idea the Alien is a creature that has existed for millions of years. But even then an origin would still exist for them. It's just a matter if people want to see that and have the mystery completely intact.

CANNON

I like what is said here, makes sense. Stick with what gave it atmosphere and ambience of the originals.

Highland

Quote from: Huntsman on Apr 20, 2024, 11:13:27 PMI'm of two minds. I like the idea the Alien is a creature that has existed for millions of years. But even then an origin would still exist for them. It's just a matter if people want to see that and have the mystery completely intact.

There's a chance that they could do something like - the black goo comes from the Alien, not the other way around. They would kinda close that loop nicely, where you get David making Aliens from Black goo, but also the Alien is still an Ancient creature.

Everyone's a winner !

BigDaddyJohn

But where all those jars in Prometheus would come from ? Alien mash ?

Immortan Jonesy

Jesus! I'm dying to know more about this project :'( give me anything. .a pic or something ::)🙏

Highland

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 25, 2024, 08:44:26 AMBut where all those jars in Prometheus would come from ? Alien mash ?

Yeah I mean why not, the Alien in the mural is already there.

GrimmVision

SiL

It's not any Alien. It's at best a Deacon.

GrimmVision

Well, yes. "Alien" being a colloquial term. It's something with a pointy head, more closely related to the Deacon or Neomorph, rather than the XX121 variant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed