Fargo Director Dana Gonzales To Direct Alien TV Series

Started by Gimitko, Nov 11, 2023, 07:43:57 PM

Author
Fargo Director Dana Gonzales To Direct Alien TV Series (Read 2,980 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Wonder if other filmmakers who've had history with the franchise with unmade efforts may be interested for the chance to direct some episodes.

Renny Harlin, David Twohy, Vincent Ward, Carl Rinsch, Vincenzo Natali "he may have been in talks for a Predator project not Alien" Nacho Vigalondo "he merely spoke about his interest in being involved in the franchise"

Some of these are unlikely seeing as they're into making movies rather than directing Tv and they may have been burned out from previous experiences.

Highly doubt Neill Blomkamp would have any interest after getting the shaft.

RIP77

I read in  ultimate interview  than  Noah Hawley  will direct 4 capitules.

Nightmare Asylum

After the work he did on Raised By Wolves' season one finale, I'd like to see Luke Scott's name among the directors for this series.

XENOMORPHOSIS

What other directors would you like see take on directing episode of this Tv show?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Nov 21, 2023, 06:29:37 PMWhat other directors would you like see take on directing episode of this Tv show?

I'd say it is probably best to hope for/expect some really good TV alum. Probably a lot of directors that already have working relationships with Hawley via Fargo and Legion, or with ScottFree via Raised By Wolves.

Sergio Mimica-Gezzan is a name that comes to mind that I'd like to see, given the work he's done on both Battlestar Galactica and Raised By Wolves, for example.

Andrew Stanton (John Carter, Finding Nemo, Wall-E) is another one I'd love to see here, since he's been doing some really great work on TV in For All Mankind and Better Call Saul, and has a Hawley connection via Legion.

Slutty Badger

I'm a massive Handmaid's Tale fan, so this sounds like particularly interesting news.

Gimitko

Noah described the show as Edison vs Tesla vs Westinghouse, as the race to weaponize electricity. In 2017 he wrote a review raving about the novel The Last Days of Night, which is specifically about the race to weaponize electricity with Westinghouse, Edison and Tesla being characters in it. Safe to say the book is also one of his inspirations for the series, along with High-Rise, Wendy Darling and The City by Dean Koontz.

Also Fargo Year 5 premieres today and it currently has 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 20 reviews, with it being hailed as a return to form. His magic touch is back and hopefully remains that way for Alien.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 21, 2023, 06:48:31 PMI'd say it is probably best to hope for/expect some really good TV alum. 

Using the word alum again like it never meant anything acedemically. SMH. some use to go to college. some only believe there is only tv shows. Neitherr  perspectives ever see eye to eye. One needs to ask if your LinkedIn profile actually has a profile. You might even see "tv show hopeful" at the top of a blank slate of 20 years doing nothing after high school (if one graduated).
Alum:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: BenditlikeBeckum on Nov 21, 2023, 09:06:24 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 21, 2023, 06:48:31 PMI'd say it is probably best to hope for/expect some really good TV alum. 

Using the word alum again like it never meant anything acedemically. SMH. some use to go to college. some only believe there is only tv shows. Neitherr  perspectives ever see eye to eye. One needs to ask if your LinkedIn profile actually has a profile. You might even see "tv show hopeful" at the top of a blank slate of 20 years doing nothing after high school (if one graduated).
Alum:
https://media0.giphy.com/media/Zj1lgnInd5xpC/giphy.gif

Ok

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

I never underestimate the pedigree and genus of the brilliant minds of this forum. This particular strain of thespian is always impressive.

XENOMORPHOSIS

@BenditliekBeckum that art of the Shakespearean actor berating the kids gives of the vibes of the Military dad in the Twisted Sister music video "We're not gonna take it anymore"  https://youtu.be/V9AbeALNVkk?si=qlo7BZBtA3pWCEWx 

BenditlikeBeckum

gud. im glad i addressed my stance.

Corporal Hicks

Alum:

First and only warning as I'm very bored of it - drop the superior attitude.

Scott Conover

Alum:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed