Noah Hawley Has Plans For Multiple 'Alien' Seasons

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 17, 2024, 04:16:47 AM

Author
Noah Hawley Has Plans For Multiple 'Alien' Seasons (Read 6,959 times)

[cancerblack]

I'd make much less of a stink about the ninjas and Peter Pan stuff if it weren't for that time/place choice.

SiL

Just someone say "The show is its own thing divorced from the films" and I'm happy.

[cancerblack]

I'd take that gladly.

David Weyland

It's personal choice but to me when that happens it's over unless in its context pulls off a credible alternative universe,
ie. Star Trek JJ Abrahms films but that was ok coz that's Star Trek & that's what Star Trek does.

But when previous film entries in a franchise are negated or made foolhardy in its endeavours as a result then that's game over for me

Choosing this moment on the Alien timeline and setting it on Earth just reeks of wanting to tear things up.

skhellter

skhellter

still don't see a particularly strong reason for it to take place BEFORE ALIEN on earth outside of a corporate mandate to keep the post-Aliens timeline free for Weaver's return / or for Cameron to produce an entry in that time frame..

Romulus also being sandwiched between Alien and Aliens..

Regardless - the show is definitely gonna end with that city being nuked + a coverup.

I'm not too worried atm. Noah's writing is solid. Alien Resurrection (but unironically good) is sort of the tone i'm expecting from this.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 21, 2024, 03:14:48 PMstill don't see a particularly strong reason for it to take place BEFORE ALIEN on earth outside of a corporate mandate to keep the post-Aliens timeline free for Weaver's return / or for Cameron to produce an entry in that time frame..

Regardless - the show is definitely gonna end with that city being nuked + a coverup.

I'm not too worried atm. Noah's writing is solid. Alien Resurrection (but unironically good) is sort of the tone i'm expecting from this.

Yeah, pretty much.

At the end of the day, Prodigy City and the Aliens in it need to be erased/eradicated, or else that would happen a can of worms when it comes to continuity.

Neila

I'm generally a bit skeptical about the staying power of series.
I prefer completed series that end on a high note with a good ending.
However, there are only very few of them and many are hired open-ended due to increasing disinterest.
I'm really looking forward to the Alien series but I'm also worried that the story probably won't fit into the currently existing Alien universe and we'll end up with another confusing timeline.
The Alien role-playing game has excellently linked the entire collection of Alien films and secondary stories such as Alien Isolation.
If Hawley went his own personal way and reinvented everything, so to speak, it wouldn't be helpful.

Gimitko

Justin Long had Noah Hawley on his podcast and they talked about Alien a little bit. The only things we haven't heard before is that he wanted a tropical coastline location to shoot in and he implies Disney pushed him to film in Hungary, but he wasn't ball. Says the hilarious quote "Ridley Scott is what weaponized ADD looks like."

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Gimitko on Jan 23, 2024, 01:15:39 PMSays the hilarious quote "Ridley Scott is what weaponized ADD looks like."

That's highly offensive to people with ADHD.

BlueMarsalis79

It is? I think it is highly complimentary.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 23, 2024, 01:24:55 PMIt is? I think it is highly complimentary.

Depends on the context, I suppose. It's just that his decisions and ideas have been the subject of considerable criticism lately, so I took it as negative.

[cancerblack]

Conversely, he's spent most of his life being prolific at a high level in a field he deeply loves.

VodouSpartan

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 19, 2024, 03:05:06 PMWho the heck is Perry? :)

He is an author, wrote arguably the best Predator novel. "Predator: Turnabout" Or they are talking about the American singer-songwriter, however that seems less likely considering where we are.

razeak

Hawley is working somewhat closely with Scott if I recall. They are at least having conversations. I would assume he isn't being negative in that light, even if he disagreed with some things.

Still Collating...

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 21, 2024, 03:14:48 PMstill don't see a particularly strong reason for it to take place BEFORE ALIEN on earth outside of a corporate mandate to keep the post-Aliens timeline free for Weaver's return / or for Cameron to produce an entry in that time frame..

Isolation was between Alien and Aliens and that worked, so it's not impossible. I want post Alien3 stuff, but I'll take anything post Alien. I really doubt the pre Alien and Earth setting are a studio thing. This reeks of a creative "just 'cause" decision. I'm hoping to dear lord that they don't specifically talk about the timeline in the show, about what happened before or after, make it as contained as possible so that I can try and head canon this to post Alien3 shenanigans (though a whole city and the Earth setting suggest they have no intention of doing that....).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed