Facehugger: How did it know to go for Kane's face?

Started by motherfather, Jan 08, 2024, 07:40:24 PM

Author
Facehugger: How did it know to go for Kane's face? (Read 4,091 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 18, 2024, 02:00:34 PMThe Eggs and Facehuggers of David are just outright superior, in form and function.
How so on the eggs?

BlueMarsalis79

I find both more aesthetically pleasing than their original incarnations but particularly the Egg, the Facehugger appears to be faster in nearly every regard.

The Cruentus

I suppose you could say the egg was better in that it didn't require a Queen. (a bit grasping I suppose) but we don't know if it required resources that were limited. There didn't seem to be too many eggs for example.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 18, 2024, 03:30:34 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 18, 2024, 02:00:34 PMThe Eggs and Facehuggers of David are just outright superior, in form and function.
How so on the eggs?

I'd agree on the hugger being superior, but not sure about the ovomorphs. They're certainly larger with morphological differences, but beyond that I didn't notice any benefits myself, unless of course regular ovomorphs can't differentiate between humans and synthetics (though we haven't seen that in any of the movies).

solace97

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Jan 18, 2024, 09:55:45 AM
Quote from: solace97 on Jan 11, 2024, 08:07:28 PMI guess if you follow alien covenant it's because David created it and knew it would be used on humans. He was waiting to use the face huggers he created in Alien C

He didn't. He created his own version, the Praeto-Facehugger. It's bigger than the original facehugger but less mobile.

I mean I don't like to think he is the creator but it seems like that's what Ridley intended. It's hard to compare them saying one is larger when that just has to do with the studio prop size. I doubt that was a planned intention and is just a fan take.

SM

It's a smidge more than a fan-take as it seems to be from the RPG. By the same token it also doesn't appear to be based on any source material.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2024, 12:55:42 AMIt's a smidge more than a fan-take as it seems to be from the RPG. By the same token it also doesn't appear to be based on any source material.

It is indeed from the RPG.

Highland

If David made the eggs/face huggers - those are David's Eggs on the Derelict.

Same beastie.

Jonjamess

Quote from: Highland on Jan 21, 2024, 01:26:27 AMIf David made the eggs/face huggers - those are David's Eggs on the Derelict.

Same beastie.
Where is it ever explicitly stated David invented the Alien? It not. In fact what is explicitly stated is he DIDNT create the Alien. There's a huge mural in Prometheus with an Alien/Decon on it.

It's implied he created a 'version' of the Alien.

The Cruentus

Both Ridley Scott, the director of Covenant and the film itself says so.

Mural had a deacon, not an Alien. The black goo created things with similar characteristics. Neomorph for example.

BlueMarsalis79

If the mural's a Deacon or a Neomorph, it's not the Alien.

SM

Quote from: Jonjamess on Jan 23, 2024, 12:45:52 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jan 21, 2024, 01:26:27 AMIf David made the eggs/face huggers - those are David's Eggs on the Derelict.

Same beastie.
Where is it ever explicitly stated David invented the Alien? It not. In fact what is explicitly stated is he DIDNT create the Alien. There's a huge mural in Prometheus with an Alien/Decon on it.

The film explicitly states it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jan 23, 2024, 01:37:25 PM

Same beastie.

"I found perfection here. I've created it. Perfect Organism"

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SM on Jan 23, 2024, 01:37:25 PM

Same beastie.

The film does have an out - Walter points out that David has a funny relationship with truth and accuracy: "Byron." "Shelley."

SM

His lies and mistakes are exposed in the film - that wasn't one of them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed