Aliens - My Own Cut - Cinema Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 03, 2023, 11:36:51 AM

Author
Aliens - My Own Cut - Cinema Series (Read 7,367 times)

SM

SM

First alien wouldn't have hurt. The Janek and Vickers scene takes us away from Shaw and David for too long and was ultimately superfluous.

Fan cuts pffft

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

As you would say.

:laugh:

"Special Edition" like 4K77 does much more than just cut, despite my misgivings about the score.

For example, halving that particular scene, for the exact reason you outlined. But it is also good to have that scene just for characterisation, for motivation.

SM

SM

It's a good character scene - if those were the main characters.

Also I have no idea what ""Special Edition" like 4K77 does much more than just cut, despite my misgivings about the score" means.

BlueMarsalis79

You have no idea, because you have a preconception. "Fan cuts pffft."

Prometheus Special Edition the "Agent 9" fan cut, has colour corrected shots, finished effects. In the prior post, the link has a full list of changes, I am just glad Pietro Scalia does not cut for Fede Alvarez.

4K77's a "fan cut" that essentially, it's a print of the original Star Wars painstakingly restored by fans. 4K80's still being worked on as it is in pretty rough shape, 4K83's in good shape.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I saw a fan cut of Prometheus that had mercifully removed most of Fifield's worst scenes.  I liked that more than the theatrical.

BlueMarsalis79

Quotecut fifield howeling like a wolf

cut holloway asking fifield for directions

cut alien "piss" conversation

cut fifield saying "what did you find?"

cut fifield yelling at shaw and saying he's going back to ship

cut fifield & millburn talking about being lost
added audio que / transition

cut various shots of millburn in structure

cut fifield smoking in his respirator

Local Trouble

Jesus, I didn't realize how many scenes Fifield actually had.

Elmazalman

Quote from: VeteranSergeant on Jul 11, 2023, 11:51:31 PMThe gerbil/hamster scene should go.  It is a "motion tracker fakeout" which is fine, but that fakeout happens twice in the movie which detracts from the tension of the second one. Since we need the Newt scene, this one needs to go. Not finding anything is way more scary than a cheap jump scare.

The sped-up shot of Vasquez and Hudson bursting into the room, looks bad - reason enough to dump the scene, imo.

SM

SM

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 23, 2023, 10:50:59 PMYou have no idea, because you have a preconception. "Fan cuts pffft."

Prometheus Special Edition the "Agent 9" fan cut, has colour corrected shots, finished effects. In the prior post, the link has a full list of changes, I am just glad Pietro Scalia does not cut for Fede Alvarez.

4K77's a "fan cut" that essentially, it's a print of the original Star Wars painstakingly restored by fans. 4K80's still being worked on as it is in pretty rough shape, 4K83's in good shape.

I was actually asking what the 4K77 thing is in good faith, because I didn't know what you were talking about.  I didn't realise you were talking about Star Wars.

Oh that eternal and everlasting snark though... I have missed it so...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 23, 2023, 10:55:58 PMI saw a fan cut of Prometheus that had mercifully removed most of Fifield's worst scenes.  I liked that more than the theatrical.

Space Jesus and Fifield love you.

Local Trouble

SM

SM

:laugh: 

As I would say.

Highland

Opening scene going back to the Planet would be a big no, we just left there in Alien. I much prefer the robot scanner starting. I imagine watching this for the fist time (I obviously can't remember) you would potentially think a jump scare is coming, is the Alien still in there? Is something else in there...?

I actually do agree that seeing more of Hadley's Hope is really cool. It's one of the best area's/sets in a sci-fi movie ever, I'm just not sure where you put it and sadly it probably is better left out.

Cameron has the Bishop exchange already perfect in the Theatrical "It must be something we haven't seen yet". Perfection.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Nov 24, 2023, 12:29:03 AMOh that eternal and everlasting snark though... I have missed it so...

I find it genuinely endearing, but I may be biased.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SM on Nov 24, 2023, 12:29:03 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 23, 2023, 10:50:59 PMYou have no idea, because you have a preconception. "Fan cuts pffft."

I was actually asking what the 4K77 thing is in good faith, because I didn't know what you were talking about.  I didn't realise you were talking about Star Wars.

Oh that eternal and everlasting snark though... I have missed it so...

Forgive me for not thinking "pffft" and good faith go well together.

SM

SM

You are forgiven.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed