Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 963,460 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Is it happening to you? Do you eat meat and "support" animal cruelty? I don't. Do you buy clothes made by cheap labour? I do as I need to wear clothes as everyone else. Your point doesn't make sense as you also take privileges by living in Western world. If you don't want to live like that then move to third world country. Stop being hypocrite.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 13, 2023, 11:49:52 PMIs it happening to you? Do you eat meat and "support" animal cruelty? I don't. Do you buy clothes made by cheap labour? I do as I need to wear clothes as everyone else. Your point doesn't make sense as you also take privileges by living in Western world. If you don't want to live like that then move to third world country. Stop being hypocrite.

The clothing issue was a distraction from the original point, and I contributed to that, so I apologise.

The core thing being discussed is JKR and how she and her pals influence the The State to impinge on the rights of trans people in the UK - most notably, the rights to medical privacy, bodily autonomy, self-determination and the "Prompt Treatment" they promise to all citizens, and whether one is prepared to admit that by indulging in a luxury entertainment item that increases the bank accounts of such persons, you're contributing to a problem that amounts to "The nanny state wants to put the boot on XYZ group, and I'm okay with that because it doesn't effect me".

It genuinely boils down to an overbearing political apparatus interfering with personal freedoms, which I had assumed you'd be the sort to get pissed off at, tbh.

*Edit:
And yes, it is happening to the girl I'm very probably going to spend the rest of my life with, and her problems are my problems. The UK is a hell hole in general but it's especially bad for that group right now because Rowling keeps calling them all rapists and the public believe her, while at the same time these organisations are in bed with the corrupt state.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 13, 2023, 11:58:31 PMIt genuinely boils down to an overbearing political apparatus interfering with personal freedoms, which I had assumed you'd be the sort to get pissed off at, tbh.

First if all I have no idea what Rowling's political views are. I have no knowledge whatsoever about her intervention in law regarding transsexualism and so on. Never been interested in it. At the end it's the game we're talking about. Game she didn't make. You're going too far with it. Should parents boycott Disney (I know he's dead but that's not the point) as he was racist? This is getting ridiculous

And when it comes down to personal freedom if I'm not mistaken you weren't against mandatory vaccination ruled by political apparatus.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think you should all play ACM to show your support for Randy.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 14, 2023, 12:11:08 AMAnd when it comes down to personal freedom if I'm not mistaken you weren't against mandatory vaccination ruled by political apparatus.

Yes, I was, I just avoid revealing my power level most of the time.

QuoteFirst if all I have no idea what Rowling's political views are. I have no knowledge whatsoever about her intervention in law regarding transsexualism and so on.

So you admit to not being in full possession of the facts and basing your opinions on incomplete data? Cool.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I simply don't care about her political views.

And when it comes to UK where I moved to from Poland, believe me, it's not hell hole at all.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"Going too far with it" says who exactly? You? JK Rowling gets royalties from it, an inarguable fact the morality of which I have never even judged, just that it is the reality.

Obviously though, there exists a difference between supporting the living and supporting the dead, the dead rarely have political agendas that harm the lives of other people through significant royalties.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 14, 2023, 12:18:50 AMI simply don't care

Your entire argument can be summed up here, you didn't need to type any of the other posts. And that's fine, just be open about it.

Ingwar

Ingwar

There's Russian writer Sergei Lukyanenko who wrote urban fantasy series the night watch. Amazing stuff. Highly recommend. Anyway, he's massive Russia and Putin supporter. He's piece of shirt as he doesn't recognise Ukrainians as nation. Nonetheless I truly enjoy reading his books. You get my point?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I like lots of music made by literal neo-nazis. I just don't pay for it or give them money. Get my point?

Ingwar

Ingwar

But by listening to them you spread their name and therefore support them.

By the way, why would you listen to neo Nazis anyway?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

If I listened to them in large social settings or was giving the band names out as recommendations you'd have a point. Usually when I listen to metal or punk I'm sitting in my shed painting models, completely alone, so no gotcha here unfortunately.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Fair enough. But if they are neo Nazis then I'm guessing their massage is the same unless it's instrumental only.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I like the aggression in it, the vocals are usually unintelligible grunts or screams because, you know, death metal. There's a lot more music I like in the same genres made by people who are less politically extreme but unless you read the lyrics you'd probably never know the difference either way.

Which is to say, you can enjoy art made by or associated with bad people without giving them a cent or any public attention.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 14, 2023, 12:20:06 AM"Going too far with it" says who exactly? You? JK Rowling gets royalties from it, an inarguable fact the morality of which I have never even judged, just that it is the reality.

Despite her political views, whether I agree with them or not, she wrote them books therefore she deserves royalties. Good for her.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed