Aliens: What if…

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 21, 2023, 03:08:24 AM

Author
Aliens: What if… (Read 10,093 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Fast responses, but nothing on the level of real-time AV communication.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 09, 2024, 08:53:09 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 08, 2024, 09:44:46 PMIf this wasn't What If I'd say it was garbage.

Spoiler
The whole concept of the Hadley incident taking down the entire Company, Burke complaining about drifting in space forever - it's three weeks to get home, moustache twirly Yutani, the woman at the call centre knowing all about Burke and the colony and Aliens despite Yutani saying 'no one can know!' and there being an NDA, Burke saying he couldn't kill Ripley and the others - a couple of hours after he tried to Ripley and the others, Burke not mentioning maybe check out the whole ass ship he told the colonists to check out as a bargaining chip, 'The Outer Zeta 2 Reticuli' wut, William Gorman?

Not being tied to continuity mercifully means it could have a cool story, but as far as being true to the characters and setting - f**k me...
[close]

How did you like the...

Spoiler
real-time interstellar communication between Burke and Yutani?  Is that a thing that happens in any of the Alien films?
[close]

I didn't even think of that. I was probably eye rolling too hard.

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

ALIENS: WHAT IF...? #4 (OF 5)

Paul Reiser, Leon Reiser, Adam F. Goldberg, Hans Rodionoff & Brian Volk-Weiss (W)

Guiu Vilanova (A) • Cover by Phil Noto • Variant Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA

WHAT IF...CARTER BURKE HAD LIVED?

Or more importantly, what if Carter Burke was about to die a different, even more horrible death?! Xenomorphs are loose on the mining asteroid where Burke's made his small sad life and even-more-insignificant career. Panic is about to break out, slaughter to follow – and once again, it's all Burke's fault. Is this justice at last for the consummate company man? Or is there more to Burke's character hidden beneath the mountain of mistakes?

32 PGS./Parental Advisory...$3.99

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Burke face it pretty much "I should've picked a different job"

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I can already tell that the next what if is gonna be if Hicks and Newt survived. 

EDIT:

*hoping that somebody else didn't post that in this thread. 

Damnit you third page guys!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, I'd just like to see them continue from Gibson's Alien 3 adaptation.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2024, 08:53:34 AMHonestly, I'd just like to see them continue from Gibson's Alien 3 adaptation.
Yup

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I can't wait to see that question answered in comic book form for the third time!!!

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 04, 2024, 01:24:24 PMI can't wait to see that question answered in comic book form for the third time!!!

True. Gibson's Alien 3 comic adaptation WAS a "What If..." series.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Dazu, I have hoping this was a thread to post what if stuff like: what if Ripley didn't find Chappie before cryo sleep? :D

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2024, 08:53:34 AMHonestly, I'd just like to see them continue from Gibson's Alien 3 adaptation.

I'm sure I've told this story before but when they were doing the Gibson one and I told Steve they should do the other scripts, and then have the survivors of each one team up for an all out Avengers Assemble scenario fighting the Aliens.

Never got a response to that one.  Can't imagine why.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 04, 2024, 05:20:02 AMI can already tell that the next what if is gonna be if Hicks and Newt survived.

It'll break the fourth wall to show a lot fewer upset people in the audience.

chromhart

chromhart

Another solid issue!

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

I really enjoyed #2

SM

SM

Best description of this comic is "inconsistent".

Spoiler
The Company blames Burke for the deaths at Hadley Hope as if that's incorrect.
He started a fire that launched the EEV down to Fiorina - yet there was an actual Alien on Fiorina. Was it on the Sulaco and he missed it. Would've solved a lot of problems.
The second issue is a bit funnier with the office stuff - but it's a bit too Office Space.  Like Burke is living in a simulation of an office from 20 years ago rather than the 23rd century.

[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed