Something is brewing on Instagram...

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 20, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

Author
Something is brewing on Instagram... (Read 69,582 times)

Voodoo Magic

Hashtag #StockingStuffer doesn't suggest too big of an announcement.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 22, 2018, 12:18:21 AM
This really strikes me as a premise to a video game.  Nobody would advertise a comic or a book this way.

They had commercials back when Fire and Stone was coming out, so this isn't too out of the ordinary.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 22, 2018, 01:58:27 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 22, 2018, 12:18:21 AM
This really strikes me as a premise to a video game.  Nobody would advertise a comic or a book this way.

They had commercials back when Fire and Stone was coming out, so this isn't too out of the ordinary.

Really?  That's news to me..

Xiggz456

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 21, 2018, 11:13:13 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 21, 2018, 11:10:28 PM
Yes I definitely think this will tie into Resistance. I don't find the Company to be "mustache twirly" because it's evident from as early as the Weyland Ted Talk that the company values scientific advancement over morals. It's an advanced age where new discoveries are in demand for potentially huge profits. Also androids can blend in any work force and perform tasks some may find unsavory haha.

Deliberately using innocent human civilians instead of lab animals doesn't quality as "mustache twirly?"

I don't equate modern day individual moral codes/ethical guidelines to a 22nd century mega corporation who time and again have put scientific discovery above human lives. Corporations are sociopathic entities by definition as their only purpose and goal is profit. WY is an extreme representation of that and thus would do whatever is necessary to gain any type of competive edge IMO

SiL

SiL

Right, but animals are still a thing they could test on instead.

Xiggz456

Quote from: SiL on Dec 22, 2018, 06:13:14 AM

And they may have. But i think it's clear that they wanted to test a biological weapon on a human colony.

Vrastal

This looks like it would make some great marketing for a game. I wpuld really hope thats the case cause this art is freakin awesome

bobby brown

The last one looks like a kind of a video game rendering, doesn't it?

Whatever it is, it looks like its trying to be more of a generic "alien mythos" inspired product than perhaps an actual thought-out addition to the lore, Like Isolation for example. However, I am cool with that if it is made with quality.

I am quite certain this will serve as the backdrop for ALien: blackout.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 22, 2018, 06:28:53 AM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 22, 2018, 06:13:14 AM

And they may have. But i think it's clear that they wanted to test a biological weapon on a human colony.

I think a corporation full of hundreds of sociopaths who would do this no questions asked is James Bond villian evil syndicate territory. I can buy some rotten apples like Burk or some scientist  in some isolated lab crossing moral boundries or even the company sacrificing single human lives when they can get away with it and there is just a small circle of people involved.
But to kill off a whole colony is just not believable. Aside from the fact that there have to be hundreds of inhuman monsters working on such a project, no corp would risk it's existence over such a test. It's like Microsoft dipping it's toes into chemical warfare and gassing a small town to test the stuff they came up with.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

It's stupid.

bobby brown

Yeah, But what if you can play as an alien and do alien shit?

The Kurgan

I would love to play as the alien again.

But even if not, whatever this is teasering can of course still be great. The artwork is fantastic and iam really looking forward to whatever it is. I would just have prefered of they did not turn WY into Umbrella from RE . But at this point it is all guesswork anyway. Maybe it makes more sense in context.
We will see  ;)

SM

SM

Quote from: bobby brown on Dec 22, 2018, 09:19:35 AM

Whatever it is, it looks like its trying to be more of a generic "alien mythos" inspired product than perhaps an actual thought-out addition to the lore, Like Isolation for example. However, I am cool with that if it is made with quality.

It's actually thought out.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: SM on Dec 22, 2018, 10:05:00 AM
Quote from: bobby brown on Dec 22, 2018, 09:19:35 AM

It's actually thought out.

I mean tough out "well" ;)

SM, I am not expecting you to reveal your secrets, but how are you so well informed? :P You work in licensing or something?

SM

SM

'With' rather than 'in'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed