The Game's Development Story Discussion

Started by Salt The Fries, Feb 08, 2013, 08:18:47 PM

Author
The Game's Development Story Discussion (Read 102,397 times)

Inverse Effect

Sega is a horrible company that is also missmanged and has been for years. This is the same company that gave up Bayonetta which is the single greatest new IP in years to Nintendo. Granted AVP2010 had a 11 million budget? and i think for that money they created a pretty decent game. Aliens Colonial marines had 65 million. Which is in the same league as Killzone as far as budget goes.

But where did all this money go to? in the development time of Aliens We've had two Borderlands games. TWO! We was promised a AAA title and for that budget we should of got it. Sega had good intentions with the game. giving a respectful developer alot of money to develop a good game. Instead Sega let things slip on gearbox and gearbox got away with oursourcing most of the game to a shitty developer.

After playing this game for the past week its clear something went wrong in its development. Sure it has the fundementals of being such a great game. If the game had been funded correctly and was given another year in full time development. Im sure we could of gotten a better game.

ikarop

ikarop

They took breaks to finish Borderlands 1 & 2 in which time people were moved from one project to another. This is something I know personally. That's where most of the speculation is coming from. This shifting of resources was publicly pointed out by several former devs (you can find all the articles in this thread) after launch but nothing has been proved to a deeper (or official) extend yet.

demonbane

Honestly, has Gearbox ever thought of using their money earned from Boderland 1,2 to extend A:CM development?
I mean they should be ashamed to ask Sega for more money if they needed more time.

SM

SM

Since the internal monetary dealings of Gearbox and Sega are not publicly known - it's pretty pointless casting nasturtiums.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Apr 10, 2013, 03:51:38 AM
Since the internal monetary dealings of Gearbox and Sega are not publicly known - it's pretty pointless casting nasturtiums.

The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing.  That's us, dude!

Xhan

Quote from: demonbane on Apr 09, 2013, 07:02:22 PM
Honestly, has Gearbox ever thought of using their money earned from Boderland 1,2 to extend A:CM development?
I mean they should be ashamed to ask Sega for more money if they needed more time.

They did use money from those to extend the game, they just didn't do it very well. A game does not exist in development for that long without substantial financial wherewithal. If you knew how much Duke Nukem actually cost, you'd be peeing blood.

Local Trouble

I can do that without knowing how much it cost.  :-[

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Xhan on Apr 10, 2013, 04:20:19 AM
Quote from: demonbane on Apr 09, 2013, 07:02:22 PM

They did use money from those to extend the game, they just didn't do it very well. A game does not exist in development for that long without substantial financial wherewithal. If you knew how much Duke Nukem actually cost, you'd be peeing blood.

How much did it cost?

SM

SM

One large pool of urine smelling blood.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: SM on Apr 19, 2013, 05:51:59 AM
One large pool of urine smelling blood.

I need a source.

SM

SM

An infected urinary tract.

Inverse Effect

What was the cause?

SM

SM

Talent deficiency.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: SM on Apr 19, 2013, 07:05:51 AM
Talent deficiency.

Total incompetence for such a thing to happen.

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed