If there was a Queen in the game

Started by newbeing, Aug 17, 2018, 05:19:58 PM

Author
If there was a Queen in the game (Read 7,654 times)

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 20, 2023, 12:55:16 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Dec 20, 2023, 12:46:34 PMas opposed to just mindlessly running and throwing itself directly at Ripley's flame thrower. 😂

When in Aliens did the Alien mindlessly run and throw themselves at Ripley's flamethrower?

They threw themselves at the sentry guns. Repeatedly. Watching each drone before them getting mowed down, and still proceeded. 3 separate occasions; the tunnel to the pressure door, and two separate corridors. Hive mentality; drones with little care for self-preservation. (I'm starting to question if you and I are watching the same movies?) 😂

You know it's perfectly fine to love the second movie and still acknowledge it's different from the first, right? Nobody is hating on 'Aliens' here (I love the original trilogy)... I simply prefer the creatures portrayal in the first movie, which is very different to the portrayal in the second movie. There aren't any James Cameron voodoo dolls to be saved here by retroactively applying factors from the sequels to the first movie. It's either in the first movie or it isn't. There was no part of 'Alien' that made me think "bug". 'Aliens' on the other hand goes out of its way to literally tell you "bug". And that's fine, that was Cameron's intention. But I have a preference for the former. Alien 3 restored balance by reeling it back a bit.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Dec 20, 2023, 01:55:23 PMYou know it's perfectly fine to love the second movie and still acknowledge it's different from the first, right? Nobody is hating on 'Aliens' here 

I don't care if people like Aliens or not, it is their right to have a preference. I am simply stating that they were insect-like to begin with, as those sources I provided show.

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Dec 20, 2023, 01:55:23 PMThey threw themselves at the sentry guns. Repeatedly. Watching each drone before them getting mowed down, and still proceeded. 3 separate occasions; the tunnel to the pressure door, and two separate corridors. Hive mentality; drones with little care for self-preservation. (I'm starting to question if you and I are watching the same movies?) 😂

The sentry guns are not Ripley's flamethrower.  :laugh:  :P

Also as I said, they were testing the defences and finding ways to get around them, which they did.

Some species with a Queen will sacrifice themselves to protect their Queen from threats and by protecting the queen, they are preserving the species....  :P
So yeah, they sacrificed themselves to take down a threat to the source of their "colony". Which is not dumb, in chess the pawns go first. 

Regardless, the sources I provided state the intentions of the filmmakers, nothing else needs to be said, especially since you seem to be ignoring them.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 20, 2023, 02:09:33 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Dec 20, 2023, 01:55:23 PMYou know it's perfectly fine to love the second movie and still acknowledge it's different from the first, right? Nobody is hating on 'Aliens' here 

I don't care if people like Aliens or not, it is their right to have a preference. I am simply stating that they were insect-like to begin with, as those sources I provided show.

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Dec 20, 2023, 01:55:23 PMThey threw themselves at the sentry guns. Repeatedly. Watching each drone before them getting mowed down, and still proceeded. 3 separate occasions; the tunnel to the pressure door, and two separate corridors. Hive mentality; drones with little care for self-preservation. (I'm starting to question if you and I are watching the same movies?) 😂

The sentry guns are not Ripley's flamethrower.  :laugh:  :P

Also as I said, they were testing the defences and finding ways to get around them, which they did.

Some species with a Queen will sacrifice themselves to protect their Queen from threats and by protecting the queen, they are preserving the species....  :P
So yeah, they sacrificed themselves to take down a threat to the source of their "colony". Which is not dumb, in chess the pawns go first. 

Regardless, the sources I provided state the intentions of the filmmakers, nothing else needs to be said, especially since you seem to be ignoring them.

LMFAO - You are literally attempting to argue with me by confirming exactly what I am saying. Self-sacrifice to protect a queen is Hive Mentality! These concepts weren't introduced until the *second movie* - there was no concept of a queen in the first movie (I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand here?? Your attempts to assert that the creature in the first movie is insect-like by constantly referencing the second movie just doesn't hold any water and never will
). Your argument is like Schrodinger's Xenomorph ; on one hand asserting that it definitely has all the traits of a bug when referring to the first movie  but at the exact same time arguing that it's way more than just a bug in the second movie to suit your argument as required. 😂

Your 'sources' confirm what I said to you in my very *first* reply regarding a parasitic wasp, and I've addressed them several times. Are you ok? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You know, differences of opinion are perfectly fine.. If you are happy feeling the first movie portrayed a bug-like creature, more power to you. But I'll never understand the mentality of those who desperately need to assert their personal head-canon or interpretations as 'matter of fact'as if you've just stabbed their first born for saying anything to the contrary.

You know what, suuuure, it's a big ant. Well done you. You won. Number 1 fan. Another threat to the 2nd movies' fragile superiority complex successfully crushed. You da man. 😂👏🥇👑🏆 *head pats*

Corporal Hicks

Let's dial the tones back everyone and remember we're just fans talking about fiction online. Let's take a step away and come back without the frustrations at each other. Thanks. :)

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 20, 2023, 03:41:07 PMLet's dial the tones back everyone and remember we're just fans talking about fiction online. Let's take a step away and come back without the frustrations at each other. Thanks. :)

My apologies Corporal. 😅

Cosmic Incubation

I'm glad that the queen wasn't included in the first game.
But it's something I've always thought would be cool for a sequel (that I hope and pray we see someday).
I've always imagined a very intense sequence involving having to hide and stealth through an area while the queen is looking for and/or chasing after you.

Something that captures the terror and tension of when the queen is pursuing Ripley and Newt as they're waiting for the elevator. Or when the queen is lifting up grates on the floor trying to grab Newt.

Definitely want to avoid any sequences involving getting in a power loader and/or fighting her in any way. As that has been done to death, and I feel like this should capture the terror of not being able to fight back against Stompy. Just on a larger and more intense scale (literally and figuratively).

The Cruentus

I think the devs said that if the Queen was seen, then the player would have expected a "boss battle" of sorts. Something they either wanted to avoid or not be able to implement.

razeak

razeak

I definitely think the one screech is the queens. Very cool moment.

I also think the alien isn't a bug. It just shares some similarities to insects.  The world of insects is horrifying. I would find the alien a lot less cool if it was JUST a big insect, but its clearly not. it's still a big, nasty, mysterious (screw Covenant) star beast(well, during the first 3 films). Its more of a velociraptor in most of the others.

solace97

solace97

I would love to see Alien isolation revisited but instead we see the outbreak when it first occurred like a dead space survival game and possibly show the queen

Russ840

Russ840

Massively off topic and sorry in advance but this thread seems active.

Where can I download, be it buying or other means, the Soundtrack for Alien Isolation?  I can't find it anywhere.

solace97

solace97

Did you check YouTube they usually have the soundtrack and then just download YouTube audio recorder

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: razeak on Jan 12, 2024, 01:36:50 PMI definitely think the one screech is the queens. Very cool moment.

I also think the alien isn't a bug. It just shares some similarities to insects.  The world of insects is horrifying. I would find the alien a lot less cool if it was JUST a big insect, but its clearly not. it's still a big, nasty, mysterious (screw Covenant) star beast(well, during the first 3 films). Its more of a velociraptor in most of the others.

I hated the insect comparison to the Xenomorph.

The Cruentus

They pretty much are insect-like though, even from the first film.

solace97

solace97

This man is never going to surrender

Sabres21768

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 01, 2024, 11:19:57 PMThey pretty much are insect-like though, even from the first film.

I agree 100%

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed