Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
27 (56.3%)
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
41 (85.4%)
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
29 (60.4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author
The Epic Star Wars Saga: The Poll (Read 10,844 times)

samoht

samoht

Jackson was Perfect for Mace Windu.

Washington? I don't think so.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Hubbs on Jan 19, 2011, 04:26:04 AM
Come on, your telling me Jackson is a better choice than Washington for Mace? Really?
What? What difference would that have made? It'd be the same character, but Jackson is just better known for his cool. Don't get me wrong, Washington is an amazing actor, but this was Jackson's role. Simple as that.

Quote from: Hubbs on Jan 19, 2011, 04:26:04 AM
more 'epic'.
So I guess that would mean that Lucas would be shooting for the young/white/stereotypical teen crowd?

Huol

Huol

Thing is Windu wasn't cool.
He sat around being emotionless and boring and then died, like all the Jedi I guess.

Space Sweeper

You despicable Pyg.

Huol

Huol

oink oink

That Yellow Alien

All the Jedi were boring and stupid. They sat there talking about how the dark side was clouding their judgment and...that was it. They just sat their...and talked. Jesus, it's no wonder Palpatine took over so easily. The Sith actually plot and do stuff. Jedi just sit and talk. And anything they do do is in no way involved with the overall plot.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jan 19, 2011, 04:55:28 AM
All the Jedi were boring and stupid. They sat there talking about how the dark side was clouding their judgment and...that was it. They just sat their...and talked. Jesus, it's no wonder Palpatine took over so easily. The Sith actually plot and do stuff. Jedi just sit and talk. And anything they do do is in no way involved with the overall plot.

That was the point.

Sometimes, being online leaves me feeling like Steve-O from Jackass, voluntarily pole vaulting into a fetid pond full of dead dogs and poo.

That Yellow Alien

Doesn't matter, it's not good writing to make your heroes idiots, I don't care if it was on purpose. Almost makes it worse.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 19, 2011, 05:00:38 AM
Sometimes, being online leaves me feeling like Steve-O from Jackass, voluntarily pole vaulting into a fetid pond full of dead dogs and poo.

And you, Sharp Sticks, I give you the Light of EƤrendil, our most beloved star. May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out.

Sharp Sticks

Well thank you Cate, because I've got a giant freaking CGI spider trying to crawl up my ass, and that thing was designed by Weta, and when Weta designs something you know it's one f**k ugly son of a bitch trying to crawl up your ass.

*ahem* Okay, crudeness out of system. Maybe.

EEV2650

EEV2650

My votes go to: Empire, phantom, and ROTJ

Phantom: I saw this 14 times in theaters when I was 13. It was just magical. At the time I had a subscription to cinescape magazine and they had been buzzing about it since 1997. So, I had been anticipating it for a while. Going to see it was like an event. It took 2 weeks for my family to finally get tickets. I still remember the theater vibrating when the shuttle carrying Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan zoomed across the screen. Also, getting to see the jedi order for the first time was just awesome along with two jedi fighting as a team against a sith lord.

Empire: What I can say for this movie has already been said by many. The bleakness of the middle chapter was great. The relationships between the characters, The arrival of 2 new cool charcaters, the hoth battle, and the first decent lightsaber fight of the original series (episode IV's sucked).

Rotj: First, the movies space battle is still the best of the franchise (ROTS had to much fake looking cg). I for one love the ewoks. Also, after ROTJ we got those cool ewok movies  :D. And of course the emperor finally shows up to tempt luke to the darkside himself.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Sweeper: OK I'm confused, how would casting Denzel Washington as Mace pander to the young/white/stereotypical crowd because he is more 'epic'?? I said casting Jackson was an obvious ploy by Lucas to attract young teens ,probably mainly black, because Jackson is a cool hip current actor and will resonate with that exact crowd...strongly. So the argument that my suggestion of Washington would get young White teens involved makes no sense.

Again....casting someone as a Jedi because they are cool isn't the right idea!! That's why Washington would have been so much better because he has a strong presence, he looks tough and has an 'epic' quality about him, he basically is a Jedi lol!! (much like Neeson I might add).
Jackson is nowhere near the actor Washington is and ,as most of you have said, was merely cast because he is 'cool' which is weak. As TangAkkai said Jackson looked totally out of place in many sequences throughout and he just didn't fit the SW type of actors used, not the right kind of film for Jackson. Shooting guns and swearing allot yes, being a spiritual, wise 'sword' wielding Master of a religious order...errrr no.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Hubbs on Jan 19, 2011, 08:15:20 AM
Sweeper: OK I'm confused, how would casting Denzel Washington as Mace pander to the young/white/stereotypical crowd because he is more 'epic'?? I said casting Jackson was an obvious ploy by Lucas to attract young teens ,probably mainly black, because Jackson is a cool hip current actor and will resonate with that exact crowd...strongly. So the argument that my suggestion of Washington would get young White teens involved makes no sense.
My god man, you sound like an 80 year old woman.

Tangakkai

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 19, 2011, 03:57:53 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Jan 19, 2011, 08:15:20 AM
My god man, you sound like an 80 year old woman.

What?! What has his post got to do with "sounding like an 80 year old woman"?

He is just discussing and people get all personal in this thread...

Space Sweeper

Generalization of young people.. and black people.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed