Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 07:25:53 AM
You're on this Council.. but we do not grant you the rank of True Fan.
Alien vs Predator Films / Re: Paul W.S Anderson or The S...
Last post by SiL - Today at 07:14:38 AM
Quote from: SM on Today at 05:30:19 AMOkay maybe not that interesting.

It was fan theory for yonks either way.
I know as well as anyone there are certainly ways to fit or justify whatever.

But I'm also at a point where I just don't f**king care to justify filmmakers dicking around because they can't be bothered making things fit into what's been established.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by DaveT937 - Today at 06:53:04 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 02:07:01 AMStill wishing some dude never leaked the plot of the movie. None of you should know any of that stuff. Regardless on your opinion on the contents of it.

I found the execution more surprising and rewarding while I was watching and didn't know what was coming. Reading those or having them being told to you is never close to what's actually being presented in context most of the time. I found myself liking some of it because of HOW it was executed, when if I had read it, I likely wouldn't have. I get why people might not like what they've heard, but I also stand by judging the final product on it's own.

Big Godzilla and Kong fan, and when I was told years before we saw anything that Kong was going to carry an Axe in GvK, I haaaated the idea. Then I saw it in execution and totally loved it.

I know I'm probably alone in this opinion too. But I'm feeling truly lucky I didn't have it ruined or spoiled it for myself before getting to see it. I was able to decide what I did and didn't like on my own.
I'm very intrigued by this.

I think I've managed to swerve the biggest leaks - I may have a bit of an idea on some of it based on what people have shared on here without Spoiler tags - and I feel all the better for having done so having read this.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Rest in Peace Roger Corman
Last post by SiL - Today at 06:43:01 AM
And made some very memorable films at the same time. His Alien knockoffs were some of the best.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by Elmazalman - Today at 06:27:49 AM
Quote from: Rudiger on May 10, 2024, 08:23:38 AMFar too expensive. And I cannot listen to that Alien Theory guy.

I wouldn't pay $75.00 (AUD) for a digital download. Besides, what more (previously unheard of) stories are there from the makers of the film? Imo, the 2003 feature-length documentary pretty much covered everything.

Something about that ALIEN THEORY narration is a big turn-off for me. His recent video on the 3+ hours cut of ALIEN was interesting though.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Yesterday at 04:41:14 PM
Quote from: wheresthecornbread on Yesterday at 08:31:15 AMHi, I look in to AVP occasionally, great site btw, and wanted to know if Corporal Hicks or anyone else here is participating in this documentary? Thanks

Unfortunately, our buddies here at AvPG aren't going to be IN the documentary. For some reason they were not asked, but some other, not as long running fan accounts will be in the documentary.

Hicks is on the fan council though, that helped consult the content that will be in the documentary. Not sure why he wasn't asked to be on the actual production though. But then, the fan council thing has some eyebrow raising choices. This instagram account is on that council as well, which likely might only be the case because they have a couple thousand followers. Maybe they're more of a true fan than others, but I honestly couldn't tell you why.

Spoiler
A few years back - perhaps more than a few - one of the moderators here, insulted Weaver (calling her a "surfboard"). Not saying this is the reason - but you never really know who reads these posts?
[close]
Last post by Kradan - Today at 05:48:38 AM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 11:02:34 PMIf the facehugger was in place the entire time until right before he popped I'd buy it, but it's not the case.

That'd be a creepy visual actually -an unconscious body with its face covered entirely by a space spider suddenly begins twitching and convulsing until a covered in blood baby Alien breaks through its ribcage
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by SiL - Today at 05:43:07 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 04:01:29 AM
Spoiler
The subject of a dead actor is a different thing entirely. But still something I think people should decide on their own.
[close]
Spoiler
How can they if they don't know beforehand? It's something I hope they drop in the trailer.
[close]
I'm not sure I follow, but I did just take some NyQuil so I'm a bit loopy.
Yep, but the real sequels did that anyway.  All they did was postpone the war.

If a sequel to T2 has to be made, give me my Judgment Day on August 29, 1997 and complete the circle.
Last post by SM - Today at 05:30:19 AM
Okay maybe not that interesting.

It was fan theory for yonks either way.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 03:52:24 AMMaybe to prevent self-harm.  It could be that a facehugger instinctively knows whether its host is both conscious and intelligent.  If so, it may have to keep the host comatose longer to scrub its memory of the encounter, so the host doesn't just kill itself to prevent a more painful death.

This could also explain the much shorter implantation time in Alien 3.

Then you have a pretty normal gestation in the dog but a much longer growth to adult.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed