Enjoying Predator 2 As A Robocop Movie

Started by BullOrca, Oct 08, 2023, 02:17:01 AM

Author
Enjoying Predator 2 As A Robocop Movie (Read 2,033 times)

BullOrca

So, I was watching Maximillion Dood's playthrough of the Robocop: Rogue City demo, and he briefly mentioned how Predator 2 is a better Robocop sequel than, well, the actual Robocop sequels. The reasoning is obvious; the Hardcore with Tony Pope segments, the extra gore, maybe even the similarities between OCP and the government guys run by Peter Keyes. I actually do something similar for myself with enjoying the later Terminator movies as Matrix movies, but I digress. Thoughts? :)

Wweyland

Interesting comparison.
Also, Predator 2 is a better sequel to Predator than Robocop 2 is to Robocop.
I would have expected more from Irvin Kershner.

Mr.Turok

It's also that both films carry that 80s action film energy and the setting of a crime ridden city that carries that sort of vib. Yeah I can see how he can make that comparison.

SiL

Strange way to characterise Predator 2 shamelessly aping RoboCop (even the opening titles are copies) but I'll allow it.

I think RoboCop vs Predator would work nicely actually.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That would be surprisingly awesome.  Imagine the Predator extending its wrist blades and then Robocop popping out his data spike in response.  The scene writes itself.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

*picturing a scene with a cloaked predator leaping on top of an ED-209, pulling up one of its arms as it frantically unleashes rounds, letting off its pig-like squeals and tearing up bystanders in the process*

Later, whilst setting its self-destruct after defeat at the hands of a battered Alex Murphy, coughing luminous green blood, Predator using ED-209's voice: "you have 20 seconds to comply"

Wweyland

Its weird we dont have a Predator vs. Robocop crossover, not even in the comics or Mortal Kombat. Is RoboCop in Fortnite? Probably he is too slow for that game.

ralfy

The Predator sequel looks cartoonish because given the firepower and funds possessed by criminal groups, one would think that the city would have fallen apart by then, such that most civilians would have fled, there'd be no businesses around, everything from running water to electricity to fuel would not be available, etc.

Probably similar can be said of the RoboCop franchise.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: ralfy on Oct 23, 2023, 10:58:44 PMThe Predator sequel looks cartoonish because given the firepower and funds possessed by criminal groups, one would think that the city would have fallen apart by then, such that most civilians would have fled, there'd be no businesses around, everything from running water to electricity to fuel would not be available, etc.

Not really. What goes on in the film is just another day in Tijuana, Mexico. Heard how the Cartel runs and fights amongst each other down there, it's grotesque as hell.

ralfy

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Oct 24, 2023, 01:32:19 AM
Quote from: ralfy on Oct 23, 2023, 10:58:44 PMThe Predator sequel looks cartoonish because given the firepower and funds possessed by criminal groups, one would think that the city would have fallen apart by then, such that most civilians would have fled, there'd be no businesses around, everything from running water to electricity to fuel would not be available, etc.

Not really. What goes on in the film is just another day in Tijuana, Mexico. Heard how the Cartel runs and fights amongst each other down there, it's grotesque as hell.

The setting isn't Tijuana, and there's an underlying third group that's interested in the creature but not developed.

Wweyland

On that note, Teyon should do a Predator game next. Not sure if from the Predator's perspective, or a cop's, maybe both.

Yautja888

Nah, RoboCop 2 is a perfect sequel.

BlueMarsalis79

It is difficult to ascertain if it is even good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed