Young Elite
0 (0%)
Experienced Elite
0 (0%)
Elder
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author
Feral Predator's Rank (Read 2,610 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

(UPDATE: turns out young bloods by definition dont have their fist kills yet. "Adolescent yautja comprise the ranks of the Youngbloods, those that have not yet been Blooded with their first kill. Still seen as 'Predator children' ready to embark on their first Hunt to become fully accepted into the clan proper as an adult." So I may remove the young blood as an option not sure.) Hello my friends! Though the rank of Feral is not specified anywhere my rank for him would be definitely blooded, though I thought I would ask here what others think his rank is? He is an experienced hunter in combat. Even killing a bear when another blooded predator in the comics could not. Although he has not hunted on Earth before, he has fought on other planets and claimed at least the trophy skull that he forged into his bio-mask. Which may be a River Ghost, which is considered a blooded rank kill much like Xenomorphs.               
                                                                                                                     So my opinion based on his hand to hand combat experience and the fact he killed more individuals than any other predator on screen, that he is at least Blooded rank. He is too experienced to be a young blood. Young blood predators, at least in the lore generally do not hunt alone or unsupervised.                         
   Usually hunting in a group, not to mention he already has a notable kill for his bio mask. I also think it's more of a fighting style preference/cultural thing to fight multiple opponents head on with melee weapons. Even Jungle Hunter would end up wounded. In fact it is considered more honorable and prestigious to kill with non ranged weapons, so it could just be his choice to earn more respect. Let me know your thoughts and thank you. Added note: Please try to look at this objectively, despite whatever your feelings of the design of the predator or the film are.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Blooded adult visiting a planet for the first time

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 23, 2023, 11:41:53 PMBlooded adult visiting a planet for the first time
That was my thought as well. At least his first time visiting Earth.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I think young blood, because he wasn't very good detecting traps, and didn't have a plasma caster, though it could be a culture thing with these Sub species of predator

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 24, 2023, 12:01:04 AMI think young blood, because he wasn't very good detecting traps, and didn't have a plasma caster, though it could be a culture thing with these Sub species of predator
Probably his first time hunting intelligent life

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 24, 2023, 12:08:54 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 24, 2023, 12:01:04 AMI think young blood, because he wasn't very good detecting traps, and didn't have a plasma caster, though it could be a culture thing with these Sub species of predator
Probably his first time hunting intelligent life
Yeah, but animal can ambush their prey, maybe he didn't know how human ambush

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

While he probably has hunted intelligent life before considering his skill with dispatching humans, he definitely has not been on earth and has not encountered our traps. He obviously has encountered traps before though considering the cut clamps he carries.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Can I vote that formal, explicitly defined ranks for Predators are lame?

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 24, 2023, 01:29:51 AMCan I vote that formal, explicitly defined ranks for Predators are lame?
If you so choose. Why do you think them lame? Is it because it boxes them into a "everyone in this rank has the exact same skill set" kind of a no more no less way of looking at them? While I can definitely agree with that, I was more specifically just doing this to see where his starting level of experience was.                                                                                       
 I would define him by the ranking chosen. I look at it kind of like a military rank. Not every NCO ranked Staff Sergeant is the same skill level, nor is every one of them equally good at their job. However it does help to show that they are at least experienced and capable enough for more difficult tasks that a lower enlisted soldier may not otherwise be.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It partly ties into my opinion that I don't want (the audience) to know very much at all about their culture and language, but also people often seem to take them as power levels rather than honorifics and indulge in power wank accordingly.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 24, 2023, 01:29:51 AMCan I vote that formal, explicitly defined ranks for Predators are lame?

What else do you expect from soda-drinkers?

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 24, 2023, 01:57:15 AMIt partly ties into my opinion that I don't want (the audience) to know very much at all about their culture and language, but also people often seem to take them as power levels rather than honorifics and indulge in power wank accordingly.
I can definitely see and agree with your points.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

He's a Predator that came to Earth to kill some stuff.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

It turns out young bloods don't actually have their first kill yet. So I may need to remove that as an option for votes...yeah I had no idea lol. "Adolescent yautja comprise the ranks of the Youngbloods, those that have not yet been Blooded with their first kill. Still seen as 'Predator children' ready to embark on their first Hunt to become fully accepted into the clan proper as an adult." Clearly Feral has many more exploits than that and not THAT young.

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

I consider him a young Blooded Yautja for the fact he got reckless and let his pride get the better of him. He was still proving his worth to his clan and was doing a poor job at it. He would have died at the very beginning if he had remained honorable and didn't cloak when he started losing.

Even if he did survive, he would have been looked down by his clan and still would have to prove himself a worthy Blooded Yautja.

Feral did have more experience than Scar because Feral had the skull of a River Ghost as his helmet. That's not something that's given. It's something that's earned. So more than likely, ascending the ranks was causing him to challenge ranks he shouldn't have been challenging. He hadn't hunted humans before and his clan saw that as another challenge he needed to take instead of trying to cause havoc amongst his kin.

Now if he was an older Blooded and not young, then he was a Yautja doomed to die shortly either on a Hunt or by the blade of another Yautja.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed