Arnold’s thoughts on the franchise?

Started by littlesprout, Jun 22, 2023, 02:44:08 AM

Author
Arnold’s thoughts on the franchise? (Read 2,149 times)

littlesprout

I keep looking into interviews with Arnold and the original Predator and they seem kind of odd. I don't think he doesn't like the film but I also don't think he likes it more than his other work...might be looking to hard into it but just wondering what other people's thoughts are.

Obviously Dutch is one of his more famous roles but when he talks about the terminator or other roles he seems much more enthusiastic.

I wonder in his older age, and with all the interviews he's doing lately if AVPGALAXY can get a hold of him for a podcast?

Kradan

Quote from: littlesprout on Jun 22, 2023, 02:44:08 AMI don't think he doesn't like the film but I also don't think he likes it more than his other work...

Why should he ?

littlesprout

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 22, 2023, 04:05:19 AM
Quote from: littlesprout on Jun 22, 2023, 02:44:08 AMI don't think he doesn't like the film but I also don't think he likes it more than his other work...

Why should he ?

Just seems like an iconic role and movie so I thought he would haven enjoyed making the film. But sounds like shooting was pretty challenging and he doesn't seemed as amp about the character as his other ones.

Kradan

I'd imagine shooting in jungle can get quite miserable

SiL

SiL

He got incredibly sick and was basically being put on an IV between takes to keep his fluids up. The movie is the reason he started ensuring he always had his own chef on sets after that.

He likes the movie, he knows the film is iconic and he quotes it regularly on socials, but Terminator and Conan are what made him.

Always keep in mind that for the people in the movies, it's a job. And while we may love them, sometimes our most dear and precious movies are barely remembered by the people who made them. (not the case here, just for context)

TheBATMAN

I recall a fairly recent interview where he said he basically agreed to do voicework for Hunting Grounds because he and his partner watched Predator on tv and he really enjoyed it and was surprised at how well it held up.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jun 22, 2023, 08:07:49 AMsurprised at how well it held up.
I imagine he still remembers the freaking Van Dammator :laugh:

Mr.Turok

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jun 22, 2023, 08:07:49 AMI recall a fairly recent interview where he said he basically agreed to do voicework for Hunting Grounds because he and his partner watched Predator on tv and he really enjoyed it and was surprised at how well it held up.
That and it gave Dutch a more active role than pure cameos, as he disliked his character having a small minute role at endings in films like in The Predator. As reported in a Yahoo interview, "They asked me, and I read it, and I didn't like it — whatever they offered. So I'm not going to do that, no. Except if there's a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role. But the way it is now, no, I won't do that."

Least he doesn't have fatigue with it like Terminator, he deadass said either give me a big paycheck or forget about it. He's so done with it and I don't blame him. I wanna see him in the Dutch 2025 role in a Predator film instead. The conflict between him and Cleopatra is a fun one to see through.

Wweyland

Whatever the faults of Hunting Grounds, it was great to get him back

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed