IMDB says original Predator was 8 1/2 feet tall?

Started by (Bad Blood), Apr 15, 2023, 11:04:41 AM

Author
IMDB says original Predator was 8 1/2 feet tall? (Read 991 times)

(Bad Blood)

I was reading IMDB's info on behind the scenes of Predator and read this:"The studio picked Boss Studio for the first design of the Predator to save money. Their Predator was more arthropod/insect-like in appearance, and according to Arnold Schwarzenegger it looked like someone in a lizard suit with the head of a duck. However, the suit was not felt to be scary enough, and initial performer Jean-Claude Van Damme couldn't properly move in it. On Schwarzenegger's suggestion, Stan Winston was brought in to redesign the creature for 1.5 million dollars (twice what Boss Studio had charged). This meant that the final fight scene had to be re-shot. The new Predator was 8-1/2 feet tall, but the re-cast Kevin Peter Hall was 7'2". The costume was heavy and off-balance, and Hall couldn't see with the mask on. Because of that, during the fight scene with Dutch, he actually did hit Schwarzenegger once." Is this accurate? Is the original Predator actually 8 1/2 feet tall or is this a typo? I know they can get that big, just wondering if Jungle Hunter was?

SuperiorIronman

I'm assuming the seven foot height had to do with KPH playing three of them and the surrounding Predator being of similar height. So basically Kevin and later Ian's height including those added by the suit.

Not sure if there is an official stat though.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 15, 2023, 08:36:17 PMI'm assuming the seven foot height had to do with KPH playing three of them and the surrounding Predator being of similar height. So basically Kevin and later Ian's height including those added by the suit.

Not sure if there is an official stat though.
That was my thought as well, I saw some behind the scenes shots of him in the suit standing next to others and he looked about 8' compared to them. Looking at the head with the helmet detached it looks like 5" foam latex on the top of the head, then add the 2" thick mask and the additional height of the latex feet and sandle things to get another 2" to 3" so making him nearly 8 feet tall.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed