Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 76,851 times)

Local Trouble

Hell, they've been all over the place with Star Wars.  One-shots, six-issue spotlights, 25-issue solo series and an ongoing main title.

I doubt they'll go that far with Alien or Predator, but they can do pretty much anything.

EVILthePREDATOR

The Max line is the way they should go. No doubt.

BUT... there's absolutely no guarantee that's what will happen. The truth is none of us currently know what is going to happen. You can't ridicule people's concerns because they are worried when you don't have the inside knowledge on what marvels intentions are.

I quite clearly remember SM going on about how some of us was blowing hot air over The Predator when it was in production. That we were reading too much into it. And that the direction Shane black has taken the film was completely in good faith to the material.

Well that didn't turn out too well did. Seeing as a lot of us were actually right to be concerned back then. This is no different in that regard and I'd actually say this is far more concerning than one stand alone movie.

This will set the precedent on how both franchises will be handled by Disney in the future.

I wish this putting people's concerns down would stop. Because actually I find that pretty boring considering I'm usually right in my concerns.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 11:08:29 AM

BUT... there's absolutely no guarantee that's what will happen. The truth is none of us currently know what is going to happen. You can't ridicule people's concerns because they are worried when you don't have the inside knowledge on what marvels intentions are.

I quite clearly remember SM going on about how some of us was blowing hot air over The Predator when it was in production. That we were reading too much into it. And that the direction Shane black has taken the film was completely in good faith to the material.

Well that didn't turn out too well did. Seeing as a lot of us were actually right to be concerned back then. This is no different in that regard and I'd actually say this is far more concerning than one stand alone movie.

This will set the precedent on how both franchises will be handled by Disney in the future.

I wish this putting people's concerns down would stop. Because actually I find that pretty boring considering I'm usually right in my concerns.

I don't get this anti-SM thing and find it to be rather childish.

As for 'putting down people's concerns' I haven't seen that. There's always two sides of a coin. Everyone has their opinion and are just sharing them. Also, nobody is right all the time. Let's please put aside personal attacks and continue the conversation?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I would love to see Garth Ennis have a crack at writing it too.  His take on the colonial marines alone could be amazing.

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Jul 03, 2020, 11:14:14 AM
I don't get this anti-SM thing and find it to be rather childish.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 03, 2020, 11:15:38 AM

I would love to see Garth Ennis take a crack at writing it too.  His take on the colonial marines alone could be amazing.

Even an Ennis PREDATOR! Can you imagine how he would craft a squad? I really relish that thought.

Local Trouble

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Jul 03, 2020, 11:17:33 AM
Even an Ennis PREDATOR! Can you imagine how he would craft a squad? I really relish that thought.

He's practically halfway there as it is!

NSFW:

Spoiler

[close]

Any lingering doubts?

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 03, 2020, 11:27:07 AM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Jul 03, 2020, 11:17:33 AM

He's practically halfway there as it is!

NSFW:

Spoiler

[close]

Any lingering doubts?

^ THAT right there is proof of concept for a Ennis PREDATOR run.

EJA

While I'm certainly interested to see how Marvel handles them, I'm pretty sure neither Alien nor Predator will be integrated into the main Marvel Universe; the settings and histories are just far too different. Those covers showing the Guardians of the Galaxy and Iron Man are just a bit of fun.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why not both?  The Punisher exists in Marvel's primary universe (Earth-616) and his MAX universe (Earth-200111).

Marvel really isn't limited to an either-or choice here.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 03, 2020, 11:35:31 AM
Why not both?  The Punisher exists in Marvel's primary universe (Earth-616) and his MAX universe (Earth-200111).

Marvel really isn't limited to an either/or choice here.

As do Wolverine, Deadpool, Nick Fury, and Blade.

Corporal Hicks

It's not about putting them down. It's about alleviating them. "They'll be tame under Marvel" - "Not to worry! Here, check out the violence that Marvel produces." How is that not a good thing?

EVILthePREDATOR

@ junglehunter.

There is no anti SM, but it feels bro sometimes like  when ever I voice my opinion he's always there ready to pounce and pick holes in everything and anything I say. I respond and always get looked at as the bad guy.

And it always ends up turning into a farce. I don't know why he can't just accept that some people just have a different opinion.

There are plenty of opinions on this board everyday I don't agree with. I don't feel the need to pull them apart every time.

Back to the subject...

I'm absolutely certain that both franchises will not turn up in MCU. I think that's pretty much a given. As for the comics the max label seems the most suitable, although marvel will almost definitely do some form of cross over events. Seeing as they have explicitly said they are now in the marvel universe.

My worry largely stems from how they worded the announcement. The language wasn't indicating to me that they are planning to keep it R rated and adult oriented.

And Yano like I say nothing is set in stone. If Disney thinks they can tone it down to appeal to a wider audience and make more money.

I think yes they would absolutely do that. I would not put that past them.

Business will always come before fans. Always has and always will.

It's all about money at the end of the day. I'm not going to rule anything out at this point until we have solid information later this month.

JungleHunter87

We shall see. Hopefully Hicks can get that interview with the Editor of MARVEL. Maybe we can get some concrete answers on those concerns?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 11:56:07 AM
There are plenty of opinions on this board everyday I don't agree with. I don't feel the need to pull them apart every time.

It's a discussion board. It's not an echo chamber. If you express an opinion that can be discussed or worries that can be addressed, what's wrong with that?

Local Trouble

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 11:56:07 AMThere is no anti SM, but it feels bro sometimes like  when ever I voice my opinion he's always there ready to pounce and pick holes in everything and anything I say.

But...isn't that everyone's normal AvPG experience?  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed