Started by ace3g, Oct 05, 2018, 01:59:04 AM

Author
Knives Out (Read 6,354 times)

SM

SM

Booo!  Make another Star War Johnson!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Then he should make Holdo: A Star Wars Story.  Or DJ.  Or Tico.  I want to see him put the enduring popularity of his original characters to the test.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'll never not be curious about what his Star Wars trilogy was (is?) supposed to be. Helps that TLJ was the best of the Sequel slate.

I'll also take a new Knives Out followup every few years from now until the end of time, please and thank you.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

My favorite movie of his is still Brick.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Brick rocks.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Love the chase where he takes off his shoes lol

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 15, 2023, 10:25:41 PMThen he should make Holdo: A Star Wars Story.  Or DJ.  Or Tico.  I want to see him put the enduring popularity of his original characters to the test.

I'll take DJ or Tico.  Rose got done dirty in Rise of Skywalker.

As well as another Knife Out please.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Glass Onion worked for me because of its satirical take on Elon Musk, even though Johnson claims it wasn't intentional.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/glass-onion-miles-bron-not-based-on-elon-musk-says-rian-johnson-1235208965

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 15, 2023, 10:35:19 PMI'll never not be curious about what his Star Wars trilogy was (is?) supposed to be. Helps that TLJ was the best of the Sequel slate.

I'll also take a new Knives Out followup every few years from now until the end of time, please and thank you.

I hope he and Branagh keep alternating Blanc and Poirot movies for a while.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I haven't seen Branagh's takes on Murder on the Orient Express or Death on the Nile, as I wasn't super hot on the trailers for either, but I thought A Haunting in Venice looked good so I went to see that one and had quite a bit of fun with it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 16, 2023, 02:30:30 AMI haven't seen Branagh's takes on Murder on the Orient Express or Death on the Nile, as I wasn't super hot on the trailers for either, but I thought A Haunting in Venice looked good so I went to see that one and had quite a bit of fun with it.

Murder is pretty good, Nile is a mixed bag.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Knives Out 3 needs to have Matt Berry as a rival detective

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

My big hope for a third one was that it'd be a bit of a horror film, big spooky mansion, et al. But Branagh beat Johnson to the punch there.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 16, 2023, 06:10:31 PMMy big hope for a third one was that it'd be a bit of a horror film, big spooky mansion, et al. But Branagh beat Johnson to the punch there.

I should have a tone similar to Kenny Everett's "Bloodbath at the House of Death"

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteT-Street is gearing up to make the third installment of the Benoit Blanc franchise for Netflix later this year. The yet to be titled film will again be written and directed by Johnson, who helmed the franchise predecessors Knives Out and Glass Onion. Daniel Craig will return in the lead role of the sleuth.

https://deadline.com/2024/01/knives-out-t-street-rian-johnson-ram-bergman-katie-mcneill-join-as-producer-1235805133/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed