What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 155,506 times)

Nope

Nope

Quote from: abstruse on Nov 12, 2010, 11:39:49 PM
One thing that I noticed about the movie Predators, is if they're supposed to be so much bigger than the normal predators, than why are the two actors in the berserker/classic fight both the same size. With as much fuss that everybody seems to make about continuity and realism, this faux pas seems pretty retarded. Oh well, most scifi fans are just people whom others consider to be nothing but geeky jokes. That's why they form their own society; no one else will tolerate them. Get out and read a nonfiction book or volunteer, or something. You and all these forums are a ludicrous joke. People need to get out of their fantasy miasma and into reality.

You assume that just because one is a fan of science fiction that they dont read non-fiction books? Or volunteer? Pffft. The only ludicrous joke here is you.

Geronimo

Geronimo

I guess we shut him up. That reply of mine works everytime.  ;)

But everyone else pitched in too, no one fights alone.  ;)

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Geronimo on Nov 15, 2010, 01:50:02 AM

But everyone else pitched in too, no one fights alone.  ;)

http://erichughes0311.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/633967082963543220-comrades.jpg

Geronimo

Geronimo

I kinda want him to come back though, only because I wish to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzlKu5cus8#

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Geronimo on Nov 14, 2010, 07:06:00 AM
One thing that I noticed about the movie Predators, is if they're supposed to be so much bigger than the normal predators, than why are the two actors in the berserker/classic fight both the same size. With as much fuss that everybody seems to make about continuity and realism, this faux pas seems pretty retarded. Oh well, most scifi fans are just people whom others consider to be nothing but geeky jokes. That's why they form their own society; no one else will tolerate them. Get out and read a nonfiction book or volunteer, or something. You and all these forums are a ludicrous joke. People need to get out of their fantasy miasma and into reality.

Ha, you make me laugh. I was a Sergeant in the Army Cadets with command of my own squad, I was nearly crushed by a tree and stalked by a bear. I've been White Water Rafting down the Ottawa River. I've was in a canoe for 9 staright hours once. I've been on the Rugby team. I had my birthday celebrated on the same night as the gradaution party! I've played guitar infront of a huge audience and have had my poetry admired by many! When you can top that let me know.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_H300ppJmer0/TJAzumK2LyI/AAAAAAAAACQ/ucqO1DvAkxw/s320/MiddleFingerSmileyLOL.jpg

Geronimo

Geronimo

Quote from: Pn2501 on Nov 15, 2010, 02:31:06 AM

Ha, you make me laugh. I was a Sergeant in the Army Cadets with command of my own squad, I was nearly crushed by a tree and stalked by a bear. I've been White Water Rafting down the Ottawa River. I've was in a canoe for 9 staright hours once. I've been on the Rugby team. I had my birthday celebrated on the same night as the gradaution party! I've played guitar infront of a huge audience and have had my poetry admired by many! When you can top that let me know.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_H300ppJmer0/TJAzumK2LyI/AAAAAAAAACQ/ucqO1DvAkxw/s320/MiddleFingerSmileyLOL.jpg

I take that as a great compliment.  ;) He does some cool s**t!

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Oh my God. Talking to each other about common interests?
We should be castrated and shot!

Nope

Nope

:D

Mr. Yutani

Mr. Yutani

I became a fan through a Halloween Party when I was like maybe 5 or 6. This was a very long time ago, and I remember it like if it was yesterday! We watched all four films last night and went to the store the next day to purchase these films to watch them myself. I was just completely amazed the first night I watched it, it was just so much fun and great to watch these films at the age of 6! Imagine that, it was a great experience and I remember some part when I bought them I had a huge conversation over this with the cash register guy. That's as much detailed as I can get. Bottom line is, I became a fan by watching it at a Halloween party probably surrounded by tons of people who didn't shut up!

ERipley2154

ERipley2154

I was introduced to Alien when I was 9 and Predator when I was 13. When I was younger I liked Predator more because I liked the ruthlessness that he has when he kills and I thought both films were awesome. Over the last couple of years that's changed. I like Aliens more now because I think they're more scarier and a lot more cooler than Predator.

These days I like them both but I prefer Aliens. The Aliens movie made me even more of a fan than ever and I like Predator 2 more than the first one.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Pn2501 on Nov 15, 2010, 02:31:06 AM

Bear Grylls is the f**king man.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Geronimo on Nov 15, 2010, 01:50:02 AM
No that reply makes you sound like an ignorant pretentious busy body.

MykeHavoc

MykeHavoc

Being a kid right around the time of Predator 2 and Alien 3, I was bombarded with a massive heap of merchandising that no child could avoid. The AVP comics, the Aliens toys, the video games etc. It was just so attractive to someone of my morbid curiosity. I didn't really become a "fan" until I was a freshman in high school I think, when I watched the entire Legacy VHS collection in one sitting. Really blew me away. Sure, I had seen bits and pieces of all the Alien/Pred movies growing up, but I hadn't properly appreciated or absorbed them till that time. I had really reaffirmed my enjoyment of the Predator side of things with the release of Predators this year. Having seen it in theaters and having had a blast made me go back and really discover how fun the first two pictures were, and to a lesser extent, the crossover films.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

It's nice to see the next generation of Sci Fi fans!  My nephew is 14 and got into the AVP games and Alien comics, even though he has not seen any of the films. 

Where as my daughter is almost 9 and has watched Predator 2 and AVP on regular tv. It was funny, when Keyes shot the Predator in the meat locker she jumped up and yelled "yes"! When the Predator got back up, I said "yes" lol. She was very confused.  I let her choose once between Predator 2 ( tv only) and a Disney princess movie and she chose Predator 2.  ;D  I won't let her watch any of them on video, but the edited versions on TV are ok.

Quote from: TheMonolith on Nov 15, 2010, 02:36:01 AM
Oh well, most scifi fans are just people whom others consider to be nothing but geeky jokes. That's why they form their own society; no one else will tolerate them. Get out and read a nonfiction book or volunteer, or something. You and all these forums are a ludicrous joke. People need to get out of their fantasy miasma and into reality.
Oh my God. Talking to each other about common interests?
We should be castrated and shot!

Nah, this person is probably just bitter because now he has to work for one of us "geeky jokes" ha ha.

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Dec 21, 2010, 02:54:11 PM
It was funny, when Keyes shot the Predator in the meat locker she jumped up and yelled "yes"!

Do you mean when Keyes tried to freeze the Pred or when Harrigan shot the Pred up with the shotty (after that is when he gets up)? I think it's cut when aired on TV but Keyes doesn't look too good after using the liquid nitrogen  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed