What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 155,498 times)

Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter

I saw Predator and Alien 3 at a friends house when i was 7 and it had me hooked.

predalien-hybrid

predalien-hybrid

I was around 9 and my dad picked me up one of the older alien figures from a flea market and gave it to me. I fell in love with the design and asked to see the movies. I loved Alien and loved Aliens even more! I then watched Aliens every day for the rest of the school year.

I didn't see Predator, P2, A3 or A4 until around the time I saw AVP came out, when I really got hooked on the franchise. 

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

I think im one of older fans over here reading the responses. Anyway, to correct myself from my previous post, i didnt see A3 in theaters, i got to know it when it was all around the media while it was in theaters

My very first encounter with the alien franchise was the teaser trailer for "Aliens" way back, even before A3 came out. It seemed the scariest thing ever, and being very young I didn;t even wanna see it cause thought its way too scary

Aliens was such a big hit that the franchise became an icon, everyone knew what alien is wheter he'd seen the movie or not. Kind of like with Batman or Superman.

Then the first, legendary AVP comic book came out and it was just mind blowing. I must've read it a hundred times and joined the AVP fanclub

I was born and raised in Europe, and as some of you may know, Alien 3 was a big hit there. So when it was in theaters it was all over the place, in every magazine, movie show etc. It seemed really big and scary as hell.
Immediately after it was released on VHS I rented it and saw it, and I think for me that was THE scariest movie ive ever seen by that point. Also, its prequel became something of a legend - ive only seen the teaser and after seeing A3 I was thinking "damn, who were those people in EEV and what they are survivors of? what kind of nightmare did they go through?"

I saw Aliens some time later and Alien I saw much, much later in 1997 which is good because I was old enough to "get" the movie

RavagerDX

RavagerDX

I first got to know the characters when I played AVP when I was 10 or 12 or something. My dad had the Alien movies and I saw something from Predator on TV too before playing this game but I never knew anything about the franchises. The AVP game got me really interested.

I'm really an Alien fan. I like Predator a lot but I'm not a fan of it. I love Alien because the thing looks amazing, the movies are great and... Well, I just love it! :D

xi killa yu

xi killa yu

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Mar 16, 2007, 02:50:00 AM
love the first Predator but AVP really got me into the franchise.

Same here. But i like alien because i saw it with my mom. She liked aliens so that's when i started liking alien more than predator. whan i saw predator i didnt like it because when you see the camera on him it's like red green blue.

PREDATOR1987

PREDATOR1987

I got into Aliens & Preds when i first watched "Alien" when i was younger i loved it,and i saw Predator round a friend of mines it was a brilliant film!  :D

avp85comiccollector

avp85comiccollector

Predator made me a fan because it was one of the "scary" movies I only got to watch when the parents were out. Then I finally got to see Aliens on its first television premier. I looked at my brother's Predator comics and my cousin's Aliens comics. Finally I ran onto the first series of AVP comics and became obsessed. The movies are good but the comics are much much more interesting. I am quite successful in my Aliens, Predator, and AVP comics collection. Other crossovers as well. The sad part is, when I was a kid, I was on a farm 30 minutes away from the nearest comic shop. So getting my own copies while I was young was a big problem. My very first Predator related comic that I bought for myself (not given to me by brother or cousin) was Tarzan vs Predator 4 of 4. For some reason I loved it and now have the graphic novel as well. Anyhow, I'm glad I found this sight. I love it.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: avp85comiccollector on Feb 19, 2009, 03:40:27 AM
Predator made me a fan because it was one of the "scary" movies I only got to watch when the parents were out. Then I finally got to see Aliens on its first television premier. I looked at my brother's Predator comics and my cousin's Aliens comics. Finally I ran onto the first series of AVP comics and became obsessed. The movies are good but the comics are much much more interesting. I am quite successful in my Aliens, Predator, and AVP comics collection. Other crossovers as well. The sad part is, when I was a kid, I was on a farm 30 minutes away from the nearest comic shop. So getting my own copies while I was young was a big problem. My very first Predator related comic that I bought for myself (not given to me by brother or cousin) was Tarzan vs Predator 4 of 4. For some reason I loved it and now have the graphic novel as well. Anyhow, I'm glad I found this sight. I love it.

Cool! i became a fan through the comic books. My first intorduction to aliens was the teaser trailer for Aliens which was the scariest thing ever for me, and then the very first AVP comic book which to this day I think is just a masterpiece of comics. Perfectly captured the vibe of Cameron's movie, and also very successfully incorporated Predators into it

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I saw Alien for the first time in 2007, and just HAD to see the rest of the films! (Still haven't seen AVPR, though)

Master Chief

Master Chief

What are you waiting for?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 20, 2009, 07:46:50 PM
Waiting for it to premier on one of the basic cable channels. I don't have HBO.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 20, 2009, 07:50:13 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 20, 2009, 07:46:50 PM

LOL  Give me your address and you can have my copy  ;D

Master Chief

Master Chief

haha...good luck with giving it away.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 20, 2009, 07:50:13 PM

Patience, something that many people don't have.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 20, 2009, 07:41:19 PM
I saw Alien for the first time in 2007, and just HAD to see the rest of the films! (Still haven't seen AVPR, though)

There are "alternate means" of watching a video you know ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 20, 2009, 08:30:09 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 20, 2009, 07:41:19 PM

There are "alternate means" of watching a video you know ;)

I know, but I don't want to put any money towards it. From what I heard, it is't worth it. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed