Recent posts

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 02:58:03 PM
It's probably been posted here a million times before, but this piece is always worth another share:

https://twitter.com/DakDimensions/status/1787930577141637302
Alien Films / Re: Best pic of an Alien
Last post by xeno_alpha_07 - Today at 02:55:42 PM
Two images of the Alien from the deleted 'Crab Walk' scene.  The one on top was featured on the front of the 1980 Heavey Metal Presents calendar.

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: Neila on Today at 02:38:32 PMI would be very happy if Romulus is a success because then it will definitely and hopefully not take as long to make another film.

On the contrary, whether Romulus is a success or not, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if we don't get another film while the TV series is running, so as to not double up on/oversaturate the brand.

I could be wrong, of course, so only time will tell. FX/Hulu do have their own heads calling their shots, independent of what Asbell/20th Century Studios are up to theatrically, but it just seems odd to me to think that we might get a movie while the show is also running. Maybe that's just because overlapping projects is so unprecedented for Alien as a franchise thus far.
Last post by Neila - Today at 02:38:32 PM
I would be very happy if Romulus is a success because then it will definitely and hopefully not take as long to make another film.

My current assessment looks like this:
I think Romulus will be pretty brutal and uncompromising, have good action and great effects.
It will certainly be well embedded between the first two and at least not ignore the prequels.
(I still haven't watched the teaser)

But I think it's a bit messed up on the acting level.

Speaking of actors:
A3 (assembly cut).
The acting is absolutely great and I like it even better than the one in Aliens.
Gollik,
Andrews, Clemens, Dillon, Morse...top notch.
I'm going with the RPG on this one - David created a variant of the Xenomorph, and NOT the genuine article.

Plus, Building Better Worlds outright states that the Engineers made the true Xeno - in one mission, a number of escaped Xenos were formerly exhibited in the Gallery of the Ages on planet Aljanna along with a proto-human, an Arcturian, and several Fulfremmen mutations.
Predator Films / Re: Best ever Predator pic/pic...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 02:09:28 PM

Hadn't seen this before. A piece of Predator fan art from Dane Hallett, with a very Alien universe feel to it.
Quote from: SiL on Today at 12:40:15 AMI can make another account to vote No again if you want.

Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 02:06:56 PM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Today at 11:53:45 AMI'm not much for the idea of the military industrial complex.

For what it's worth, I think James Cameron would agree with you on that one.
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 12:03:49 AMJust checking to see if any votes have changed.

Could you check up on the Empire thread as well please?  ;D
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed