Terry Gilliam Trashes Alien Franchise...

Started by ralfy, Jul 10, 2018, 10:39:10 AM

Author
Terry Gilliam Trashes Alien Franchise... (Read 13,576 times)

SM

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2018, 03:36:37 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 13, 2018, 12:47:34 AM
Where did he do that?

"When I watched the first 'Alien,' all I kept saying was, 'Just kill them all and be done with it,' because you just know that they're all going to die along the way"

It's a basic premise for every survival movie, which Alien is part of. I guess he could say the same for Predator then, "why don't you kill them all already, since we know they gonna die !".

Why bother watching it, if you don't like this concept ?

So he should magically know what's going to happen in a movie before sitting down to watch it.

In other words, your claim that "he's trashing the whole movie genre that Alien is a part of..." is melodramatic nonsense.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SM on Jul 17, 2018, 08:12:50 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2018, 03:36:37 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 13, 2018, 12:47:34 AM
Where did he do that?

"When I watched the first 'Alien,' all I kept saying was, 'Just kill them all and be done with it,' because you just know that they're all going to die along the way"

It's a basic premise for every survival movie, which Alien is part of. I guess he could say the same for Predator then, "why don't you kill them all already, since we know they gonna die !".

Why bother watching it, if you don't like this concept ?

So he should magically know what's going to happen in a movie before sitting down to watch it.

In other words, your claim that "he's trashing the whole movie genre that Alien is a part of..." is melodramatic nonsense.

He's trashing the concept of a survival movie, in which most of the characters will die and everyone knows it yes. What's the problem ?

SM

He said he found a particular movie predictable.  Which isn't inaccurate assessment since the 'And then there were none' thing isn't exactly new.

Everything else is just confected outrage.

BigDaddyJohn

Ok, maybe i misinterpreted it, but i had the feeling he wasn't only questioning the movie itself. My bad if he didn't  ;)

PS : obviously he totally has the right too if he did, that just suprises me coming from a guy like him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed