The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 463,927 times)

Valaquen

m41guy

m41guy

Shasvre

Shasvre

m41guy

m41guy

24.5 hours til season 3 begins      ;D!!!!

Shasvre

zasz

zasz

This season already has
Spoiler
Tyrion escaping to the other continent (what was it called again)? That's faster than I thought.
I heard the Dornish guy that fights the Mountain would be left out, is that true? He seems fairly important.
[close]

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: zasz on Mar 31, 2013, 12:51:40 PM
This season already has
Spoiler
Tyrion escaping to the other continent (what was it called again)? That's faster than I thought.
I heard the Dornish guy that fights the Mountain would be left out, is that true? He seems fairly important.
[close]

Spoiler
Tyrion doesn't escape to Essos this season. That will be in Season 4. As will the fight between the Mountain and Oberyn Martell. The Purple Wedding happens before both (and neither can happen until after the Purple Wedding). And the earliest the Purple Wedding could happen is the season 3 finale. The Martell's will be introduced in Season 4. And I hope we get to see Dorne!
[close]

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

This season already has
Spoiler
[close]

And you know this...how?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

So, I just started watching season 1, and they're already coming out season 3?  :o

I guess this was a good time to get into the show?

Rick Grimes

zasz

zasz

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 31, 2013, 01:17:28 PM
This season already has
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Tyrion doesn't escape to Essos this season. That will be in Season 4. As will the fight between the Mountain and Oberyn Martell. The Purple Wedding happens before both (and neither can happen until after the Purple Wedding). And the earliest the Purple Wedding could happen is the season 3 finale. The Martell's will be introduced in Season 4. And I hope we get to see Dorne!
[close]

Spoiler
There was a scene in the last trailer posted, where Varys says to Tyrion that he'll get his revenge. Wasn't that part of his escape to Essos?
Huh I don't remember it being called the Purple Wedding. Why is a called that? Red with a dash of blue (blood)? Lol.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: zasz on Mar 31, 2013, 08:02:28 PM
Spoiler
There was a scene in the last trailer posted, where Varys says to Tyrion that he'll get his revenge. Wasn't that part of his escape to Essos?
Huh I don't remember it being called the Purple Wedding. Why is a called that? Red with a dash of blue (blood)? Lol.
[close]

Spoiler
I think the line about revenge might just as well be about Tyrion getting back on Cersei and Tywin for pretty much shitting on his accomplishments as the city's defender. Also, and I'm not totally sure about this, I think the Purple Wedding is Joffrey's wedding.
[close]

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: zasz on Mar 31, 2013, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 31, 2013, 01:17:28 PM
This season already has
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Joffrey Baratheon and Margaery Tyrell's wedding has been called the Purple Wedding. I think it spawned by readers, and didn't feature in the book itself. As I said, the earliest the Purple Wedding will happen is in the season finale. And, it's during the wedding that Tyrion is captured and imprisoned for apparantly killing Joffrey. So, of course, his escape from Westeros to Essos won't happen until next year. Tyrion's story in the second half of A Storm of Swords and all of A Dance with Dragons is actually what I'm looking forward to more than anything. I've always liked Tyrion, but, I've always preferred other characters' stories up until Tyrion is imprisoned. Then I think he becomes the best character of A Song of Ice and Fire.
[close]

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed