The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 461,129 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

QuoteDavid Mills might be a good example. Though one could argue seeing his wife's decapitated head would make anyone snap, whereas there was no traumatic moment Dany suffered at the time she snapped, she had actually won the day defeating Cersi's defense.

A 100 percent waterproof psychological motivation for this specific situation could easily be construed even at this point in the narrative. Just assume the specific sound of the ringing of these bells uncovers deeply buried memorys of her as a child witnessing family members being brutally murdered raped whatever by the rebels. This would be type of motivational stuff that would be even on a par with things Proust came up with in Search of Lost Time (so High End literature shit). It would take three lines in the last Episode and render all the internet uproar moot.

QuoteHowever, it's not a cardinal rule that a person snaps only at the moment of a traumatic experience. As you point out she had already experience a series of traumatic events before she snapped. This is what GOT viewers are demanding, if Dany was going to snap why didn't she snap at the moment of one of her traumatic experiences, but no one can "schedule" when they snap.

This is basically the quintessence of the book I've written today on this forum.

Goodnight community!

Necronomicon II

The incessant clanging of large bells would make me snap let me tell yah, think about it; you can't anticipate that, she was just one bell clang away from losing it. No need to overthink this shit. ;D

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Biomechanoid on May 18, 2019, 12:19:40 AM
Well-written or poorly written?

The latter, unfortunately.

Local Trouble

Are you going to boycott the finale?

Shasvre

Shasvre

It's too late to stop now.

Local Trouble

I forbid it.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: The Old One on May 18, 2019, 08:27:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s5KT_hg2Q4

Their whole coverage of this shit show has made the disappointment easier to take

Shasvre

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: The Old One on May 02, 2019, 04:06:06 PM
The inevitable review.

Updated.

Go sign it, let it be a monument to the abyss that is the Final Season.
http://chng.it/MjJc8FhVdN

SM

SM

lol fan petitions  :laugh:

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Biomechanoid on May 17, 2019, 11:14:04 PM
Quote from: The Old One on May 17, 2019, 10:50:42 PM
Smeagol/Gollum suffered under an unnaturally long life of 400 extra years though.

Smeagol the human snapped.

He was enjoying a day of fishing with his friend, both laughing it up while catching a fish, and that was before his unnaturally long life of 400 extra years. There were no prior signs that in an instant he would kill his own friend. He seemed very concerned that his friend fell in the water, quickly running to his aid once on shore. But once he saw the ring, and his friend refused to give it to him for his birthday, Smeagol snapped and murdered his friend.

However, Smeagol is not the character I was exactly looking for to compare to Dany. Smeagol the human, his character development stretches through only one 10(?) minute scene, whereas, viewers have invested considerably more viewing time in the Dany character.

Because of the Ring. That's a pretty bad example. Closest reason you've got Danny going bats is because John wouldn't give her the D.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SM on May 19, 2019, 04:52:56 AM
lol fan petitions  :laugh:

lol Pretentious old people.

The petition's good, as the donations that could go to sharing it are encouraged
to go to Emilia Clarke's treatment Charity by the creator instead.
People are fully entitled to display their displeasure, and again the creator stated: no result is expected, 
it's merely a way to let others know not to hire D&D.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Highland on May 19, 2019, 05:39:48 AM
Because of the Ring. That's a pretty bad example.

Well, I did say Smeagol is not the example I was looking for, it's in the second paragraph of my post you quoted in case you missed it.

However, Smeagal had not touched the ring before snapping and murdering his friend. His friend was touching/holding the ring, he didn't snap.

No one seems to have an example, surely there's a fictional character who snapped and the author handled the transition better. Or better yet, let's just conclude Dany's transition from savior to murdering wacko could have been handled better and be done with it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on May 19, 2019, 05:44:42 AM
as the donations that could go to sharing it are encouraged to go to Emilia Clarke's treatment, by the creator instead.

Her "treatment?"  As in psychotherapy?  ???

The Old One

The Old One

Some people may get a prompt to donate money. This goes to Change.org to advertise the petition on other platforms.
(Facebook, Twitter, etc) Use it for something that actually matters.
For instance, Emilia Clarke's SameYou Charity for brain injuries and strokes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed