So is the Queen still alive?

Started by germanator2, Mar 25, 2024, 11:17:01 AM

Author
So is the Queen still alive? (Read 2,378 times)

germanator2

germanator2

Just based on what you've read of the leaks and the directions they're taking Romulus to bring the Xenomorph back, is it a safe bet to say the Queen could still actually be alive after Ripley sucked it from the airlock and there could be another potential story with wherever it landed or who picked it up? Is there any indication that the Xenomorphs need oxygen to survive and the Queen could be out in space for x-amount of time till she landed on another planet or a moon or another station somewhere?

Corporal Hicks

I imagine she burned up in the atmosphere.

SM

SM

They can survive a fair while in vacuum, but as Hicks indicated, gravity may have something else to say.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2024, 11:26:27 AMI imagine she burned up in the atmosphere.

Was Sulaco still in LV-426's orbit atm tho ?

Corporal Hicks

Yep. They had literally just arrived back on the ship.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yeah I can buy tolerating more exposure than humans when it comes to space but to survive it completely and indefinitely, no, it just adds more need to suspend disbelief. They are supposed to be aliens, not supernatural creatures. If something is science fiction, then it should at least make some effort at the science part. The first movie for example is fairly gritty, other than a few things such as maybe how the ship travels and how stasis works etc, most of what you see is within the realm of plausibilty.

BlueMarsalis79

Says the guy with the Alien Isolation avi. Tardigrades bro.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Hey, I dislike those legs by the way. Original legs all the way  :laugh:

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 25, 2024, 01:09:16 PMYeah I can buy tolerating more exposure than humans when it comes to space but to survive it completely and indefinitely, no, it just adds more need to suspend disbelief. They are supposed to be aliens, not supernatural creatures. If something is science fiction, then it should at least make some effort at the science part. The first movie for example is fairly gritty, other than a few things such as maybe how the ship travels and how stasis works etc, most of what you see is within the realm of plausibilty.

Tardigrades can survive in space so it's not totally out of the realm of scifi possibilities. I mean its no more far fetched than antigravity and hypersleep or the rest of the aliens abilities.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Whoops, now I recall, tardigrades are those simple microlife forms, I thought Blue was calling the Isolation legs tardigrades, due to it having grade from digitigrade in it lol

How long can they survive though? and they are simple life-forms. They tend to have some traits that more complicated life-forms don't have.

SiL

SiL

Dehydrated tardigrades can be revived after exposure to space, but have high mortality awards. Tardigrades that are not dehydrated prior to exposure mostly just die.

These are also very small organisms, at most 1.5mm, with no respiratory system (unlike Aliens, which clearly breathe).

426Buddy

426Buddy

Its just a terrestrial example of the possibility. Like I said its not any more unrealistic than the creatures other attributes or the other scifi trappings of the series.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yeah, you pretty much hear the breathing and hissing from the Aliens, the queen is snarling a lot when Ripley meets her. If they got lungs then they do need to breath, even if they can hold it far longer than humans.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

So Chap surviving space would not make sense at all then ?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Not indefinitely at least.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed