APM: Upcoming Fan-Made UE4 Remake of AvP Classic

Started by Olde, Aug 14, 2023, 12:11:21 AM

Author
APM: Upcoming Fan-Made UE4 Remake of AvP Classic (Read 6,729 times)

bladeghost

Here's a new Update Thanks! J

bladeghost

bladeghost

Something Important I'd like to mention is that an esteemed collegue and dear friend
Windebieste has contributed in re-constructing the the level geometry and placement of
rocks and cliffs and some collision placement in the Stranded level and volunteered
his time and effort to the APM Project. He did an Incredible job and it's looks fantastic.
The original Stranded from avp ge is much smaller in comparison, however this has a better feel
to it and plays out well. This effort has helped things along and I would like to publically let
everyone know of his effort. Thanks Windebieste, if you hear from him or see him around
give him a big thumbs up for me.

And as such had he not suggested stranded level and his eagerness to rebuild it, it would not
have been considered as an addition. I'm glad it's in and you can see some of it's result
with my finishing in the APM-Project Update 5 Video posted on youtube.

Another thing is why was I trying to get this all built as fast as I can.
as it seems it may not be ready before the end of the year as more testing and refinement
is needed. With the ALIEN campaign there is only one level and that is the temple level.
I feel there should at be at least one more since the Marine and Predator campaigns have
more than two. So I've decided to add gateway station into the fold and that will take a
little more time to make as I just began construction on it. I'll try and post a screenshot
of it , Thanks everyone again for your interest and wish you all the best Always!
Happiest Cheers! J

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Continuing to look impressive, Jon! Especially like the intro the Stranded mission there.

How big a scope are you taking? I saw quite a few areas I didn't recognize (though that makes me want to replay the game too in case I'm just not remembering them).

bladeghost

bladeghost

Hi, One is from my Blade Yautja Project , Oasis of Nejeb which I rebuilt
from Blade of Darkness. The other is an Exclusive just for this project
Ruins of lost souls. As for the Gateway level gee whizz I didn't think I'd be hand placing
and converting over 600 objects. But that's not important as that's done for the most part as I now have
to do lighting and add in all the action. the Beginning is done and then comes all the
doors and fans with circuts. In the game all the lights are destructible though as that was one
of the features in the avp game. I had offered if you had liked to try an early build
but it's better that I have a newer build now that is different. I'll have to get back to you on that.
As for scope, that will be limited. The File Download size is now at 3.65GB.
 I test on a packaged product not the editor as some things work there and not where it should.
more testing is needed and finishing too. Thanks Everyone! :)
Happiest Cheers! J

Corporal Hicks

I'll happily accept some early builds to give a play, thank you. :)

bladeghost

Hi Thanks, Check your messages Corporal Hicks, So far I've been finishing up the Gateway level for the Alien. (lots of parts) Everything seems to work so far but still having some bugs and crashes in other areas. I'm Working on it. Thanks Everyone! Happiest Cheers! J

xxx

Awesome work so long :)
I was trying to upload the AVP1 models in Blender but it wasn't compatible - what software are you using?

bladeghost

Quote from: xxx on Dec 22, 2023, 04:02:12 PMAwesome work so long :)
I was trying to upload the AVP1 models in Blender but it wasn't compatible - what software are you using?
Hi, to get models from AVP GE or 1 you'll need 3ds max 3.1 and official fox tools plugins that import and export .RIF files. There is also a program called fastfile explorer or One called Texture Infecter for getting Textures and sounds extracted. Those are the basic tools you'll need to begin with. from there you can work with a format of your choosing. Hope that helps. :)

xxx

Wow,
thanks - I'll try :)

bladeghost

Near Last round of testing before release, waiting on third parties for feedback.
Thanks everyone for your interest.

bladeghost

If Stupid did not exist everything would be fine.

Wweyland

I love the Stranded map, it has a mini-story of its own. The remake looks pretty good!

bladeghost

The Stranded map is interesting because it leads to somewhere and isn't just a gauntlet.
The added weeds and brushes make it more challanging and scary. Plus there is a day/night cycle that adds another element of darkness.

bladeghost

Alien Temple Level

bladeghost

Most of you will never know how much hair I've pulled out putting this together.
I believe I may Finally have a stable version build v2.3,.... I'll post some new updates soon  Thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed