Lighting and Brightness

Started by BonesawT101, Mar 05, 2015, 04:34:09 PM

Author
Lighting and Brightness (Read 3,245 times)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I have pondered over this myself at length almost every time I play the game, but what brightness do you set the in game setting to when playing? Do you go all the way down to make it extra scary and difficult to see, or brighten it up to make sure you can see what's going on more clearly?
Interested to see what the majority do. Generally I have it set at about one mark down from halfway as it's a happy medium however I have noticied alot of others have it two or three marks down from the midway point, making it exceptionally dark. On one hand it does add to the creepy factor having it so dark. On the other I quite like being able to see the Alien in all its disgusting beauty.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

I like try and keep it as low as possible. : )

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

I keep it at the default to experience the game as the developers intended. Plus its the perfect pitch between light and darkness.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

I have it at the lowest gamma option. As in, the farthest left. I switch between that, and just one click to the right. I don't know which I prefer tbh. They're both dark enough. The lighting is far more intense at the lowest option, but just one to the right gives the lighting more expanse.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I do like that you don't need to ramp up the brightness or turn on a flashlight. Having nearby surfaces automatically brighten up slightly is a great compromise that allows them to keep the level design dark without impacting playability.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

The recommendation.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Gamma all the way down. And lights off.

How it should be!

Murfy426

Murfy426

the middle ground between the recommended and dark as possible with headphones on, isolation must be played with headphones, should of included a pair of them in the game lol

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Yeah I'm going with gamma all the way down. The intensity of the lights is beautiful when has more dark to bounce around. And in all the pre-release material, you can tell its on gamma all the way down. I have my monitor set up so the gamma is a bit darker anyways, it's perfect.

Gamma at the maximum lowest level is ideal.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Mar 05, 2015, 04:34:09 PM
I have pondered over this myself at length almost every time I play the game, but what brightness do you set the in game setting to when playing? Do you go all the way down to make it extra scary and difficult to see, or brighten it up to make sure you can see what's going on more clearly?
Interested to see what the majority do. Generally I have it set at about one mark down from halfway as it's a happy medium however I have noticied alot of others have it two or three marks down from the midway point, making it exceptionally dark. On one hand it does add to the creepy factor having it so dark. On the other I quite like being able to see the Alien in all its disgusting beauty.

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 05, 2015, 10:39:37 PM
I have it at the lowest gamma option. As in, the farthest left. I switch between that, and just one click to the right. I don't know which I prefer tbh. They're both dark enough. The lighting is far more intense at the lowest option, but just one to the right gives the lighting more expanse.

I played the game through once with default gamma before I realised I had experienced it all wrong. By lowering the gamma just like NetworkATTH to the one just one step from the furthest left I had a completely different experience. Every light played it's role and made everything so much more atmospheric, the alien became a shadowy entity and much more horrifying as a result. Just wish I would have known this the first time through.

acheronbeing

acheronbeing

set gamma until the seegson logo is barely visible, and that in a pixel bleeding Asus vs278 1ms gaming monitor is 3 clicks to the right from the farthest left. THAT, and that one only is the ok way. Setting gamma to the lowest is retarded, and not only makes the game (or any other) look bad but also your eyes bleed

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Well sometimes being bright makes it more scary like system shock 2 or the thing

Well sometimes being bright does not ruin the scary atmosphere like system shock 2 or the thing

szkoki

szkoki

all these default setting users, arent the monitors/tvs different from eachother?

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

I have my TV so perfectly calibrated that nearly every game I play looks it's best on the default settings.  Alien: Isolation is no exception.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Keep it normal in the middle

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed