Aliens: Dark Descent

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jun 09, 2022, 06:09:08 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent (Read 49,978 times)

Corporal Hicks

Wweyland

Wweyland

I was generally afraid of the death clock at first, but it turned out great (both with time remaining and as a way to build tension).

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I finished my first campaign with one day remaining

Wweyland

Wweyland

The "No days remaining" ending was sort of underwhelming, would have expected a small cutscene or something.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

There's one detail that I love about this game is when you check the motion trackers that you place down there is a chance that you see a cult being dragged away into a high and I think that's so cool and frightening. It makes this game more alive like alien isolation. When you go back to some places, there's some people or walking Joe's. Just wondering around at places you just went through.

Wweyland

Wweyland

The time of Alien Romulus would be good to release some DLC.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really don't expect we'll see anything more from DD, unfortunately. As much as I'd love more.

Wweyland

Wweyland

A patch at least?

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

No playable Xenos? :(

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 26, 2024, 03:07:13 PMNo playable Xenos? :(

They are saving that for Alien: Incubation, the sequel to Isolation where you hunt down a crew of seven. Jk :D

Isolatedmorph

Isolatedmorph

When I first played the game I was getting ready to extract making my way back to the APC, time was running out and I didn't know what would happen. Got ambushed waiting for an elevator and lost a guy. Three left. At the bottom got attacked again, lost another and another was injured maybe knocked out but either way I had to carry him. Ended up running out to the APC which gave me covering fire and escaped.

It was the most badass experience I think I've ever experienced when gaming and I game a lot. But I think the reason it was so special was because it was Aliens, a franchise that I adore and it felt so cinematic without it being scripted. Beautiful time.

Still haven't completed it because I switch games too much and not great at RTS but I do wish the game was FPS. There is something nice about you controlling a square though.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Alternative to the Xeno campaign - Darwin Era campaign. The Xeno-s semi-ignore your squad.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 07, 2024, 02:42:57 PMI was generally afraid of the death clock at first, but it turned out great (both with time remaining and as a way to build tension).

Is it like Majora's Mask?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 31, 2024, 09:03:37 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 07, 2024, 02:42:57 PMI was generally afraid of the death clock at first, but it turned out great (both with time remaining and as a way to build tension).

Is it like Majora's Mask?
Havent played that. It might be similar to something that XCom games had.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Any news?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed