Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 758,453 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 25, 2018, 06:01:16 AM
What is the reason for the facehugger stage anyways? To ensure genetic and environmental superiority?

The eggs just sit there and wait for a host. So what caused the egg in Alien3 to trigger in the first place if the entire crew was already in stasis? Was the egg was on a timer?

Micro changes in air density.

Quote from: SiL on Aug 25, 2018, 07:01:44 AM
It's hard to keep track because there's overlap, but you hear aboooout 50 screams across the two scenes.

That leaves almost 100 left by the end of the film if you're going by scream = kill (although one Alien screams when the guns aren't firing in the first scene, soo....)

The front about to attack Ripley and Hicks when they're trying to cut Newt out of the sub basement is around 20.  Who knows many behind that.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Micro changes in air density my ass... :)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2018, 08:33:42 AM
The front about to attack Ripley and Hicks when they're trying to cut Newt out of the sub basement is around 20.  Who knows many behind that.
I think it's fair to say there's a shitload left whatever the exact number is.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Even one is too many after they run out of ammo.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Aug 25, 2018, 09:23:04 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2018, 08:33:42 AM
I think it's fair to say there's a shitload left whatever the exact number is.

Quite.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea but wasn't the question about how many got mowed down by the sentry guns. It couldn't have been more than a few.

SiL

SiL

If you go by scream = kill it's around 50, but I doubt it was that high. Even if it were, there were about 150-ish (heavy on the "ish") to start with, so by that point in the film even with a liberal estimate of deaths you're dealing with almost 100 Aliens left.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

For the record, I'm not convinced that each scream is a kill either.  The aliens just tend to scream, especially in Alien 3.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

They were arguing (screaming) over who was gonna go next. We see this supported in A|R. :P

Although now I'm curious as too how many aliens got iced by the Hadley's Hope crew.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yeah that is another thing, the River of Pain has colonial marines stationed at the colony and they must have of got some kills ( I only read the book once or twice and I forgotten a great deal)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Rankles75 on Aug 25, 2018, 07:29:10 AM
So that's 1 Queen, and at least 1 facehugger that crept onboard in the few seconds the dropship was stuck? Anyone else?

Nobody else as logic would indicate.

See posts #2288 and #2348.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 25, 2018, 11:37:12 AM
The River of Pain has colonial marines stationed at the colony and they must have of got some kills?

I'd like to know from J C himself what weaponry the colony had access to.
As in the film, it doesn't seem like there was anything other than explosives.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 25, 2018, 05:58:21 AM
You didn't read up about royal jelly in that link I posted earlier, did you?
I did. But everyone just believes the untrue!
All misdirection like in Swordfish!

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 25, 2018, 07:52:57 AM
Well something awoke the egg, it might as well have been Hudson. heh which gives me an idea, maybe the egg decided to hang upside down on the wall because the floor was freezing. Hudson was right all along.
Ahahahahahahah.
I just pissed myself laughing !!

The Old One

The Old One

No egg, no awakening on the Sulaco for our survivors- just one on Fiorina 161.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 25, 2018, 02:00:12 PM
I'd like to know from J C himself what weaponry the colony had access to.
As in the film, it doesn't seem like there was anything other than explosives.
Small arms. The script said they had pulse rifles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed