Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 760,931 times)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

There is a really obvious fix that saves all the android blame and queen theories...

There is a story we haven't seen yet. One that leads to  events meaning the main cryochamber is inoperable (thus resulting in Ripley and Co resuming course and going back into cryo in cryochamber 2 - I mean Apone clearly stated that LV-426 was "a rescue mission, you'll love it" so any rescued colonists would have had to go somewhere on the Sulaco.. And the main cryochamber was full with marine personel, Burke and Ripley so it stands to reason there were more freezers elsewhere (also accounting for why they look different).. A "inbetween story" can sort it all easily..

SM

SM

Yeah, they tried that.  Didn't turn out so good.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Actually, UPP commandos boarded the ship, removed the passengers from their tubes (without reviving them) and then placed them back in the senior officers' cryotubes (in a different section of the ship) before sending the Sulaco back on her merry way.

The Old One

The Old One

Reply #2288

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How does a dream explain the cryotubes?

The Old One

The Old One

Nothing ever will, adequately that is.

It's simply an aesthetic/style based change.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Does anyone else actually want to invoke the "dream" escape clause?

The Old One

The Old One

It's the best thing we've got with the two current cuts of the film, and the best supposition since January 2006.

SM

SM

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 22, 2018, 07:00:18 AM
Does anyone else actually want to invoke the "dream" escape clause?

The dream theory works up to the point where Ripley wakes up.  Everything after that is real.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

If we look at a theory with the most probability, the dream theory works even though it feels cheap. Still, let's not pretend the other ideas weren't cheap or ridiculous (even though I like how preposterous they are, just for the laughs).

I love Alien3, but whenever I really think about the movie, its whole history just makes me sad.

SM

SM

It's not that cheap as the protagonist is asleep while the events are happening.  Stuff happened on the Sulaco, very similar to what we see, but not literally what we see.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Dream theory absolutely works. It can't fix the super facehuggger but that's a minor deal over all.

There was never an egg.

SM

SM

Or maybe there was - but it was in a different spot.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well I'm just going with the facehugger scuttles Cameron added in at the end of Aliens. That or maybe the Queen has her own personal "queen" facehugger.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You mean it detaches from her body like Scorponok?  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed