EA College Football is coming back!

Started by Local Trouble, Feb 03, 2021, 12:47:19 AM

Author
EA College Football is coming back! (Read 6,492 times)

Kimarhi

Yeah, he brings up Ed Reed and his connection every now and then in conversation.  The plus side of him developing the talent is the coordinators are better, so if he does leave perhaps the AD can get one of the two coordinators to stay.  Still UK actually pays Stoops pretty well, so smaller schools with a need don't bother me as much like somebody like Nebraska does.

In my experience at a program like UK that doesn't have consistent football history, it is about not continually resetting the coaching style while you bring new coaches in.  In the past they'd have a pro style offense, and then bring in a spread guy.  But they wouldn't have enough talent at WR to play the spread so they would take a bunch of Ls waiting for that to come in, people would bitch about it, coach would get fired, and then by the time they hired the next pro style guy, they would have spread talent.  So after every coaching change it would be like a three year turnaround in playstyles with two or three win seasons.  Or like Joker you could just hire a guy who is suited for coordinator positions but not being the head coach and have that blow up in your face.

Probably wouldn't be as bad with the transfer portal being what it is...........but I don't want to find out.

Earlier: Vandy had two 9 win seasons instead of ten wins like I remember.  Still a program like Vandy with way higher academic standards than anybody else in the conference should not have had more success than UK as a program in that stretch, but that is how bare the cupboard was when Stoops took over. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 12, 2022, 09:50:38 PMYeah, he brings up Ed Reed and his connection every now and then in conversation. 

I imagine it helps in recruiting when Coach has a national championship ring, a nice list of current or future NFL hall-of-famers he's worked with and is now the winningest ever coach at his current school.  I hope UK gets an SEC ring out of it one day.

Kimarhi

East is gonna be a mess before too long.  Georgia is a huge hurdle, and I don't think UK is better than them this year.  Tennessee and Florida both will continue to improve, and UT will be a tough game this year. 

Missouri and South Carolina are further behind.........but a bad game at any point in the SEC can be a L.  Vandy has reverted back to Vandy and is still the furthest behind.  But the coach there is a Vandy grad, and all he has to do is show a little bit of improvement every year and maybe he will build something.  They have looked better in the early going this year, but that isn't saying a whole lot. 

I really think UKs immediate best chance to win the east is this year, but Georgia is Georgia.  After next year UK/UT/UF will be on that second tier level with each other alot more evenly.........if they aren't already. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

@Kimarhi July 2023 for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S only.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-sports-college-football-coming-july-2023-exclusive-to-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-s-report/1100-6507541/

How soon can you be back in that dusty tent taking fools' money?

Kimarhi

I know one guy for sure would want revenge.  He had so many losses against me that he'd start getting nervous when he was leading in the fourth quarter that it became like a self fulfilling prophecy on his part that he'd lose.

He was leading once when I sent a blitz after him and he called a screen.  It was a perfect play call for him an beat the blitz and the rb was wide open with only one of my safeties to beat.  The safety hit him right on the ball and the ball rocketed out like fifteen yards backwards, behind the offense, where all my defense was because of the blitz, I mean it looked like a mob of my guys running it back and his dudes were nowhere to be found.  I ended up beating him 14 to 10 on that because of that random ass play.  He had like 45 seconds to try and make something happen but it didn't. 

Once instead of going victory formation he was running around with the ball and diving with his qb to try and waste more time because I still had timeouts.  He tried doing that and one of my dline crushed him and he fumbled the ball.  I hit like two hail marys and won. 

I intercepted a two point conversion and ran it back for a one point difference in the game.

He pooch kicked to a te that ran it back and scored.

It was absolutely insane. 

I'd always play like at a school like Rice or Tulane, because if I played with a BCS champion school I'd smoke him like 49 - 10. 

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 23, 2022, 04:04:47 PMI know one guy for sure would want revenge.

Is he still in the Army?

Kimarhi

He's out but he was a close friend so I got him on the spacebook.  He's the one that requested I be moved from DJC to Ethiopia. 

Local Trouble

Kimarhi

Well I guess it is time to fire up the old 2014.  Again. 

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 24, 2022, 10:56:09 PMWell I guess it is time to fire up the old 2014.  Again. 

At least you have more time to re-up now.

Kimarhi

I gotta get my shit together.  I saved up 100k and quit my job to reup and go back to school.........and haven't done either. 

So not having any distractions will probably be beneficial. 

Local Trouble

Kimarhi

nakey helicopterz

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed