Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 16, 2015, 05:13:54 PM

Author
Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed (Read 54,420 times)

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Didn't read through the thread but I wanted to point out there is no confirmation that the planet mentioned is LV-223. If this movie connects directly to ALIEN, then parts or all of ISOLATION may no longer be canon as I am sure we all know that game has a small focus on what set off the beacon in the original Derelict.

As for the title. Personally I think ALIEN: PARADISE LOST was a somewhat poor title. I would have liked PARADISE LOST on it's own in the same classic font as PROMETHEUS and ALIEN. ALIEN: COVENANT on the other hand gives me mixed feelings.

On one side I like the continued use of religious symbolism but on the other hand it sounds sorta B-Rated to me. Plus when the word covenant follows the word alien, I almost immediately think of Halo.

If the ship is a colony ship I'd presume the cast will be much larger this time around and if that includes children that makes it all the much darker.

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 16, 2015, 07:33:40 PM
Totally on board with this.

This is much more progressive and an inclusive direction for the series to take than Blomkamp's vanity driven sentimentalist retcon nonsense that only served to be divisive to the series.

Progress is forward looking; not backwards.

Just to clarify, I think Blomkamp  would be a great choice for an 'ALIEN 5' movie.  Just his initial proposal is 30 years too late and blows chunks in 2015.  I can see him making 'ALIEN 5' one day.  ...with Aliens.  ...and USCM.  Let it be a tangential sequel to 'ALINS' that runs parallel to the event depicted in the 3rd movie; but for God's sake, really.   No matter how you look at it, Rippers and Hicks are history.

Bring on 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  Looking forward to this sooo much.

-Windebieste.

Well said. Hopefully we're both wrong about the direction A5 is going and it really does end up going the route you mentioned at the end of your post.

PRJ_since1990

I am fine with the title. Either would suffice. However, I would have liked a catchy one-worded title such as those that had come before. Oh well.

I do wonder, and I would like everyone's take on this, but will they go back and rebrand Prometheus as ALIEN: Prometheus? I wouldn't be surprised with a special edition release at some point with a director's cut that adds in some of those deleted scenes that actually were pretty sweet.

Shamo

But I thought the sequence with the beacon in Alien Isolation was long after the events of Alien. They more or less reactivated it, years after what happened on the Nostromo. At least that is how I perceived it.

whiterabbit

This news has made my day.

However about the timeline, this is still a prequel movie so it must be set before the events of alien, I'd assume anyways. Plus we are in the far end of the universe. It wouldn't be that much of a venture for an FTL ship to make it to the shorted end of the end of the universe. :P

szkoki

just hope Ridley sees the opportunity to make this David's trilogy! like Alien was  Ripley's. Fassbender is an amazing actor

Shamo

Davidis awesome. And yet I really liked Shaw! I think Noomi Rapace is a great actress and gave Shaw who gave Shaw many facets. Weakness and self doubt and naivite, and yet her passion made her brace and relentless. When she cut out that embryo and patched herself up, she was becoming a real bad ass until the end of her movie.

A woman who can't bear children who is searching for an answer to why humans are the way they are. Maybe that was sub consiously another reason, why she was looking for the engineers. Not to prolong her own life like others. But to find a way to create life!  To find out what happens after death, or lets say get a grasp of the universe, and find out why humans were created, and ow it all connects, is maybe just one aspect of her.

And then what she is getting, is a traumatic abortion, and the creation of a life, that means DEATH to everything else. Her search for wisdom gives birth to a snake, to put it in biblical terms. How does a character come back from that? And how does she get back at this universe who treats her so badly? Her anger which makes her going even further, is really one of strongpoints of Prometheus final scenes. As well as her relationship to David, who she still accepts more or less as being who acted in accord with its own concepts, rather than just hating him for what he has done.

Her search for Paradise is a plot point I would deeply miss in the next movie, if they were to ignore it. But I like the fact that nothing is revealed in the details as of yet. They can build up the mystery around her in the following movies. But I defintely want to see her again.

RakaiThwei

October 2017? That's... a bit far off. And I guess this means Blomkamp's movie, if it's going to be released afterwards will be sometime around 2019 or 2020. Oh man. Well... I guess Shane's movie might be released earlier or sometime around 2018 then?

Vrastal

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 17, 2015, 01:12:03 AM
October 2017? That's... a bit far off. And I guess this means Blomkamp's movie, if it's going to be released afterwards will be sometime around 2019 or 2020. Oh man. Well... I guess Shane's movie might be released earlier or sometime around 2018 then?

WE wont see blomkaps till ridley is done with the prequels so if we go by the current cycle. itll be 3-5 years till the 3rd alien prequel after A:C is released. (2012-2017 Prom- A:C). Unless ridley jumps right into the third.

2017 A:C

2020(2)? - prequel 3

2025ish blomkamp maybe.

which im ok with

RakaiThwei

Wait... what?

It's confirmed that Blomkamp won't do his movie until Ridley finishes with the Prometheus series? I thought it was just one film!

FiorinaFury161

It is what it is, or is it? :P Very interested to see what will occur...

SpeedyMaxx

I liked Shaw a lot. I think it was a courageous choice to present a female protagonist in the series who is not a superwoman like idealized fanfiction, nor immediately as pragmatic and tough the way Ripley was - instead you had a very idealistic, almost-naive young intellectual who chose not to choose between her faith and her science. The difference in the takes at the end with her and David, from the aggressive outtake in the deleted scenes to the more almost maternal, exasperated one in the final film really highlights who she is.

I hope we see her again and I suspect we will. Again, they may just be keeping her role under wraps or Rapace may not yet be signed.

CainsSon

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 17, 2015, 02:09:40 AM
Wait... what?

It's confirmed that Blomkamp won't do his movie until Ridley finishes with the Prometheus series? I thought it was just one film!
Ridley says he isnt letting Alien 'get away from him again.'
I think he just wants to know for sure where this is all going before he boxes himself in story wise with what Blomkamp is up to. He may want to at least know what is coming next in his third prequel before he greelights a script. I think this is a really smart move. Id hate to have any more weird loose ends or dangling storylines created because no one had enouhh sense to correspond the stories into one grand mythology.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Shamo on Nov 17, 2015, 12:02:05 AM
But I thought the sequence with the beacon in Alien Isolation was long after the events of Alien. They more or less reactivated it, years after what happened on the Nostromo. At least that is how I perceived it.

You're right. Good news then as Isolation has been my favorite medium of ALIEN from the last 10 years.

oduodu

I was under the impression that Rapace has already been signed for Covenant.

cloverfan98

David's return does give me hope but man I don't have good feelings about this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed