Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 132,779 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I get increasingly annoyed by being knocked over: no matter what you do, you won't stand up again. You're dogmeat, pal.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Aeon on Feb 22, 2010, 08:46:27 PM
I know but I thought he meant that I had downloaded the game from Steam which I didn't, just tried it in DX9 and it still does it, I waited a for a minute on the match mode screen just before it searches and it didn't crash straight away but rather after a few seconds, man this sucks.

Go to your Steam games list, right-click Aliens vs Predator, click Properties, and there should be the button "verify game integrity" or something similar. Try that.

Aeon

Aeon

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 22, 2010, 08:49:19 PM
Quote from: Aeon on Feb 22, 2010, 08:46:27 PM
I know but I thought he meant that I had downloaded the game from Steam which I didn't, just tried it in DX9 and it still does it, I waited a for a minute on the match mode screen just before it searches and it didn't crash straight away but rather after a few seconds, man this sucks.

Go to your Steam games list, right-click Aliens vs Predator, click Properties, and there should be the button "verify game integrity" or something similar. Try that.

Yup just found that out lol thanks for your help, it's validating now, I shall let you know if it sorts it out :)

Edit: It fixed it! Yaaaaaaaaaay, thank you ever so much for your help.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: skull-splitter on Feb 22, 2010, 08:48:29 PM
I get increasingly annoyed by being knocked over: no matter what you do, you won't stand up again. You're dogmeat, pal.

Yeah it seems a pretty pointless mechanic.  99 times out of 100, getting knocked down is as good as dead.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 22, 2010, 09:30:15 PM

Yeah it seems a pretty pointless mechanic.  99 times out of 100, getting knocked down is as good as dead.

It really gives you hope when it comes to learning to counter properly :')

kaljo

kaljo

Quote from: skull-splitter on Feb 22, 2010, 09:42:11 PM
Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 22, 2010, 09:30:15 PM

It really gives you hope when it comes to learning to counter properly :')

Very true. I still have my faults on that part :P

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Something I just found out (possible slowpoke, sorry), if you leave auto-transition on and simply rotate on the spot as an Alien, the AI will sometimes decide to stick you to a different surface.  You can try it for yourself.

Stand in a corner or on an platform edge and simply use your mouse to turn 360 degrees.  There's a good chance that'll you'll suddenly start climbing a wall or move down a ledge.  It's no wonder people find the wall-walking so disorientating.

Nuke

Nuke

Spoiler
In the Colony level, at C block, when your mate dies you're stuck. Does anyone else have this? It says I gotta kill all xenos, but there arent any. Tequila told me to go to the blockage: nothing
[close]

and the worst thing is that I was doing it on nightmare.

Insomniac

Insomniac

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 22, 2010, 10:58:09 PM
Something I just found out (possible slowpoke, sorry), if you leave auto-transition on and simply rotate on the spot as an Alien, the AI will sometimes decide to stick you to a different surface.  You can try it for yourself.

Stand in a corner or on an platform edge and simply use your mouse to turn 360 degrees.  There's a good chance that'll you'll suddenly start climbing a wall or move down a ledge.  It's no wonder people find the wall-walking so disorientating.

Thats because you playing as an alien walking on all fours with the camera at one end. In order to keep the camera in the same place when turning the back legs actually have to move. If your back legs go off a ledge or up a wall then what do you expect? Your not going to stick your ass through the wall.

PoetSaskia

PoetSaskia

They are obviously screwed up; the scores are astronomically high, and they all have the exact same amount of time played, and its more time than the game has been available.  Anyone know what's going on here?  Any word on a fix? I love Survivor and I'd like to at least see what some legitimate high scores are.

Death+Doom

Death+Doom

I don't think it's that hard to separate the real ones from the nonsensical ones....

PoetSaskia

PoetSaskia

they were all nonsensical as far down as I scrolled.  How far down do you have to go?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Is it true there is a problem on Nvidia cards where it'll randomly freeze up for a good 2-5 seconds then go back to normal? I was playing tonight with some guys and they said they had the problem I'm having.

FrankO

FrankO

- if a pred connects with a pounce, he can continually pounce until you are dead - too stunned to get the block up -

- the disc is one of the most poorly constructed weapons I have ever seen, absolutely the worst, most spammable gun ever

- the matchmaking, at least in the PS3, is atrocious - I average about four players a game, tops!!! - if I can find a game

- the pred tears apart aliens in melee (wtf?), I still do well enough as an Alien, but I refuse to play as the predator unless forced to, as I do not even have to try, and I will be top of the leaderboard (mines, free kills - plasma caster destroys at distance - if an Alien does get close enough, it is almost hard to lose the fight (pounce stun, disc-to-the-face, destructive counter).

^^^ Game breakingly bad, and no word from the developers.  I feel cheated, and almost sort of angry that I payed for this game.

safetyman

safetyman

If a pred gets a pounce in, he can heavy attack a marine to death and add a light attack on top of that if it's an alien. Continually pouncing doesn't really make a difference.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed