Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,494 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 03, 2012, 06:06:45 PM
I believe @Cvalda is referring to the three central ovoids *above* the three 'vaginal' ovoids:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5o794B9tg1qza3qwo1_400.jpg
Bingo.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I believe @Cvalda is referring to the three central ovoids *above* the three 'vaginal' ovoids:

They dont appear to feature on the 'new' derelict in Prometheus.

It is however only a minor detail that I would forgive and class along with other classic inconsistencies such as the the yellow 'Sulaco' logo in Alien3. :D

Wow, I don't think I ever would have noticed those at all.

I quite liked the viral video, and I always enjoy this type of overconfident, arrogant speech when done fairly well. Pearce is pretty good at being arrogant and or evil, so I think this worked out pretty well.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 03, 2012, 06:19:05 PM

It is however only a minor detail that I would forgive and class along with other classic inconsistencies such as the the yellow 'Sulaco' logo in Alien3. :D

Wow, I don't think I ever would have noticed those at all.

I quite liked the viral video, and I always enjoy this type of overconfident, arrogant speech when done fairly well. Pearce is pretty good at being arrogant and or evil, so I think this worked out pretty well.

It is possible evidence that this is a different Space Jockey ship.  The ship in the Promtheus trailer could be a slightly different "generation" of their interstellar vehicles.  I mean, the newest Boeing 787 still looks very much like the original 707, to the first approximation...despite the fact that 50 years have elapsed between the two designs.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 03, 2012, 07:02:08 PMIt is possible evidence that this is a different Space Jockey ship.
That spare line of ovate entrances about the main three will grow later, in the following 30 years span between Prometheus and Alien  ;D

Where can I listen to Goldsmith's score for closing titles? Just to compare (Khachaturyan's adajio sounds somewaht more relevant to series genre, than Hanson's Symphony, to me).

Valaquen

Valaquen

I think it's a different ship. The Jockey room platform is different. The prongs aren't as curved as the original.

On the recent subject of musical homages...

I watched 'Jaws' again last weekend on DVD. Total classic.

Anyways, close your eyes and listen to the first 40 seconds of this music clip from the Jaws soundtrack by John Williams. Feel the ALIEN Goldsmith! ;)

I wrapped the link in a spoiler because the youtube 'thumbnail image' may offend some folks (Robert Shaw getting nibbled by the shark!). Sorry. 
Spoiler

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 03, 2012, 07:19:49 PM
Where can I listen to Goldsmith's score for closing titles? Just to compare (Khachaturyan's adajio sounds somewaht more relevant to series genre, than Hanson's Symphony, to me).
Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UXIajUPnMc#

Great piece of music, but the Hanson piece works A LOT better.

Back on topic:

It is interesting that the one and only time Peter Weyland looks directly at the camera is when he delivers the line:

"we can create cybernetic individuals who, in just a few short years, will be completely indistinguishable from us."

----

Some food for thought on Eldon Tyrell from Blade Runner:

It was originally intended that following Roy Batty's execution of 'his maker', it was to be discovered that Tyrell was an android! A side chamber would have opened to reveal the real, terminally ill Tyrell in some kind of stasis pod...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Well, Rachel from BR was an attempt to make an android/replicant utterly indistinguishable from humans. At that point in time (2019), they weren't quite there yet.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Also, the derelict from Alien had five 'openings' in the front of its portside 'fist' (the hammerhead shaped one). The ship in the Prometheus trailer has none. Just another detail.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 03, 2012, 10:47:46 PM
Also, the derelict from Alien had five 'openings' in the front of its portside 'fist' (the hammerhead shaped one). The ship in the Prometheus trailer has none. Just another detail.
Yeah, I noticed that too, but we never actually see those in the original film. So if it DOES end up as the same ship, it's not a big deal :P

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 29, 2012, 08:09:30 PM
Bat Chain has to stop in to refresh his love affair with the entire site. :laugh:

Brilliant observation, my man.

You whore, you.  I'm going to remember when you finally slip up and say the wrong thing.  Oh yes.

Hey Money.  Welcome to the rest of the forum outside of TDKR thread, lol.
It's so vast and cold. I think I'll go back to TDKR now...
Because im the guy this thread deserves...but not the one it needs right now

Anywho Pearce's accent is incredible in the video. It shows class yet powerful superiority. Hard to believe he's sctually Australain with all the different accents he does in movies. The only one who surpasses him at this in my mind is Gary Oldman...

Vulhala

Vulhala

His accent, tone and delivery are all f**king flawless.

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

I love naturalistic acting, so his delivery of lines that sound like they're an after thought during the speech really impresses the hell outta me.
Not to mention the "We are the Gods now" goosebump inducing line

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 03, 2012, 11:43:53 PM
His accent, tone and delivery are all f**king flawless.

this

Quote from: x2SMONEY on Mar 03, 2012, 11:34:56 PM

Anywho Pearce's accent is incredible in the video. It shows class yet powerful superiority. Hard to believe he's sctually Australain with all the different accents he does in movies. The only one who surpasses him at this in my mind is Gary Oldman...

and this.

Plus his accent isn't purely derived from being English (born in mumbai and an international business man) so the critique that his accent is off, is invalid, and barely noticeable anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed