The Woman in the Dark (Alien Lore)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 14, 2024, 06:24:23 AM

Author
The Woman in the Dark (Alien Lore) (Read 756 times)

Corporal Hicks

Created by Phillip Kennedy Johnson, the Woman in the Dark was introduced in "Alien: Bloodlines" – the first of Marvel's Alien series – and had a much more significant presence in "Alien: Icarus", the third Marvel series and Phillip Kennedy Johnson's final.

The Woman in the Dark is first mentioned by ex-Weyland-Yutani corporate security member Gabriel Cruz at the very beginning of “Alien: Bloodlines”, who describes a recurring nightmare he has in which he dreams of pure darkness, a dark “a truer shade than just the absence of light.” In the dark he dreams of the Aliens, and of her, the Woman in the Dark.

Click here to continue reading.

Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

[cancerblack]

Why do I get the sinking feeling this has something to do with Rommy spoilers?

Corporal Hicks

It takes me longer than a day to whip up a video (unfortunately). I've been working on this for over a month. Subscribers got an early look at the script at the start of Feb.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Only read the first arc of Marvel's run (didn't care for it a ton and hated the art, which turned me off from continuing with the next batch of issues), but I did find this Sil-creature to have a kernel of an interesting idea to it (specifically in the realm of comic books, that is).

Will have to give this a watch tonight to catch up/fill in the blanks beyond what was presented in those first six issues.

TilotnyWorshiper28

"The solution to the scourge of Mankind would be far simpler than initially thought. It took only the fabrication of a myth of the Malak (Engineers) as Mankind's ancient gods. Several races and entities had made similar claims so as to more easily attain chattel, but the Malak (Engineers) bore considerable semblance to the Human form.The ruse worked with some, but many were devoted to an invisible Supreme Maker, while others held devotion to a goddess by the name of Onrai or Via. So, the Malak (Engineers) endeavoured to provide them a goddess, a Woman in the Dark for them to venerate! But whether from their experiments or their affront to the divine, the Malak (Engineers) lost their ability to reproduce. A small price to pay, some reasoned, for transcendence so that they might, in fact, become gods."Supernatural Encounters the trial and transformation of arhul hextrophon

I like how such a recent thing was referenced in SE

Local Trouble

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Mar 14, 2024, 05:35:47 PMI like how such a recent thing was referenced in SE

So now Star Wars and Alien are a shared universe?

SM

SM

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 14, 2024, 07:32:39 AMWhy do I get the sinking feeling this has something to do with Rommy spoilers?

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 14, 2024, 06:04:25 PM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Mar 14, 2024, 05:35:47 PMI like how such a recent thing was referenced in SE

So now Star Wars and Alien are a shared universe?
yes and no

SM

SM

'Lo, it is written that the Stars that have Wars and the place of monsters be one and the same. Dano Bann'non, master of words and computer screens, and Bry Ann Jonsson, maker of ships that go zoom, did stride 'tween the two worlds.' The Ordeals and Odors of Grunthos the Flatulent

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: SM on Mar 14, 2024, 09:29:14 PM'Lo, it is written that the Stars that have Wars and the place of monsters be one and the same. Dano Bann'non, master of words and computer screens, and Bry Ann Jonsson, maker of ships that go zoom, did stride 'tween the two worlds.' The Ordeals and Odors of Grunthos the Flatulent

AYYYY

Local Trouble

So it's possible that Splendid Ap sent David back in time thousands of years to end up crashing on LV-426? :o

SM

SM

Splendid from Fury Road?  Is Mad Max crossing over now too with Bruce Spence and Han has to go to Kessel for guzzaleen?

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 15, 2024, 01:16:11 AMSo it's possible that Splendid Ap sent David back in time thousands of years to end up crashing on LV-426? :o
naw David can do that himself 

[cancerblack]

SM

SM

It is bad and you should feel bad for perpetuating it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed