May 10th Preview Screening

Started by RidgeTop, May 05, 2018, 09:27:58 PM

Author
May 10th Preview Screening (Read 20,161 times)

yautjapet

yautjapet

I think I'm in the minority on this one but I thought what IM3 did with the Mandarin was great. It totally caught me off guard, and I liked that the image of a powerful, frightening, well-connected foreign terrorist was actually a total smokescreen. But my main enjoyment of the movie came from the exploration of Tony's trauma and the emotional consequences from the events of Avengers. I found that really interesting and refreshing. But hey, your mileage may vary, I know I've said all that before on this forum and this debate tends to just go round and round!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

It took time for me to appreciate the take on the mandarin, but now i like it.

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 20, 2018, 06:21:21 PM
I think I'm in the minority on this one but I thought what IM3 did with the Mandarin was great. It totally caught me off guard, and I liked that the image of a powerful, frightening, well-connected foreign terrorist was actually a total smokescreen. But my main enjoyment of the movie came from the exploration of Tony's trauma and the emotional consequences from the events of Avengers. I found that really interesting and refreshing. But hey, your mileage may vary, I know I've said all that before on this forum and this debate tends to just go round and round!

100% agreed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 20, 2018, 06:21:21 PM

Yeah, I've really got a thing for exploring the traumatic events of a previous story (it's one of the things I am really enjoying in Predator: Hunters and The Hunters and Hunted) so it's something I really appreciated in IM3. I hate it when there's not much in the way of personal consequences felt in the next films.

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

I liked iron man 3. Never understood peoples beef with it

Nathsp

Nathsp

As i said, the problem for me is that the movie in the trailer is much more interesting than i saw in the movie.
A guy throwing fire its just too stupid for me, and i know its in the comics, but the movie was terrible for me,  i supose that i was expecting another type of movie

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Iron-Man 3 was awesome, the hate for that movie is ridiculous, just like The Last Jedi.

As for The Predator, I'm more hopefull now. Shane Black and a solid cast help. I've got no problem with it being funny, so as long as the action delivers, it should be a fun movie, which is all I really want from it at this point.

The Old One

The Old One

One of those two deserves the criticism levied at it, and it's not IM.

Looking forward to seeing Shane Black's sensibilities in a Predator film.

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Aug 22, 2018, 09:00:04 PM
Iron-Man 3 was awesome, the hate for that movie is ridiculous, just like The Last Jedi.

As for The Predator, I'm more hopefull now. Shane Black and a solid cast help. I've got no problem with it being funny, so as long as the action delivers, it should be a fun movie, which is all I really want from it at this point.

So very true, my friend.

The Wolverine Predator

I'm pretty sure this movie will do good in the Box Office, I'm totally cool with some humor and I feel Shane did a great job casting for this movie

Highland

Highland

Pepper pots shows up in a suit and saves the day among the CGI fest of suits, chuck in constant bad humor, then the Mandarin. Honest I thought the movie was kinda bizarre, so count me on the hater train. I saw it once (at the cinema) and never bothered again.

All of the Iron man movies suck for me, apart from the first one, which is ironically one of the best marvel movies out of all of them.

When I think about it I can probably pin point this movie as the point where I started to get a bit fatigued and over the marvel fest.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Highland on Aug 23, 2018, 02:11:18 AM
All of the Iron man movies suck for me, apart from the first one, which is ironically one of the best marvel movies out of all of them.

When I think about it I can probably pin point this movie as the point where I started to get a bit fatigued and over the marvel fest.

Iron Man 1 and The Incredible Hulk were the two solo films I enjoyed the most of the new marvel films. The first avengers was a ton of fun for me, but by Ultron I was really feeling it. I wish they'd bring the marvel-verse or whatever they're calling it to an end soon. Enough stories have been told.

Just have it be about an end of super heroes. See all the characters go their own way, all the equipment placed into long-term storage, and put the metaphorical onus on humanity to take care of itself and be its own hero. Typical message, easy, simple, effective. End with cheesy line, "The day may come when earth needs them again, yadda yadda yadda", end, roll credits.

Don't do another movie for at least 10 years. Bring them all back for Iron Man's funeral or something. Make a good dramatic movie of it. "We have lives now, and the world doesn't need us anymore!" kind of thing. Then maybe use that to branch out and do a few new Marvel movies at that time, but not a bloomin' thousand.

Highland

Highland

I can't see them stopping anytime soon, it's cash in the bank and if they are taking another punt on the fantastic 4 this soon anything is up for grabs. It would be cool to see some Logan esk type films though, more series gritty jobs. Couldn't do it with every hero, but some would fit.

The Old One

The Old One

There's a really simple effective treatment I've been using with the MCU recently; only watch the good/continuity important ones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed