The Predator To Be Released In 3D

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 22, 2018, 08:46:37 AM

Author
The Predator To Be Released In 3D (Read 14,931 times)

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

USA

Russia

and IMAX 3D

United Kingdom

newagescamartist

If we don't get 3-D I'll be pretty disappointed. I think a Predator movie would lend itself really well to 3-D, especially the camouflage stuff.

skull-splitter

I really don't get why people prefer 3D...

Danversity

I'm really confused right now. Some places will get 3D and others won't?

newagescamartist

Quote from: skull-splitter on Aug 20, 2018, 03:56:26 PM

I definitely prefer 2-d in most cases, but 3-D could really enhance how the camouflaged Predator moves around in its setting. Also, the infrared vision would be outstanding to see with more depth. Predator just screams for 3-D imo. I would prefer them to just shoot it in 3-D though instead of converting it. Did you see Prometheus in 3-D? Beautiful movie. If more directors would plan out their framing with this type of approach, 3-D would be an actual thing. Makes sense that Scott and Cameron have made two of the only good actual 3-D movies though.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: newagescamartist on Aug 20, 2018, 11:20:12 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Aug 20, 2018, 03:56:26 PM

I definitely prefer 2-d in most cases, but 3-D could really enhance how the camouflaged Predator moves around in its setting. Also, the infrared vision would be outstanding to see with more depth. Predator just screams for 3-D imo. I would prefer them to just shoot it in 3-D though instead of converting it. Did you see Prometheus in 3-D? Beautiful movie. If more directors would plan out their framing with this type of approach, 3-D would be an actual thing. Makes sense that Scott and Cameron have made two of the only good actual 3-D movies though.

I can see the appeal of 3D, especially when it comes to beautiful, expansive scenery or "event films".  Even if it were offered for The Predator, I probably wouldn't choose to see it in 3D and instead go with the 2D.  I don't know if it's just me, but something about the added depths to 3D films make me incredibly nauseous...

skull-splitter

But after ten minutes the gimmick wears off and you're still stuck with glasses on your nose and a less vibrant picture...

von

von

Quote from: skull-splitter on Aug 21, 2018, 05:54:05 AM
But after ten minutes the gimmick wears off and you're still stuck with glasses on your nose and a less vibrant picture...

haha so true (reduced brightness & discomfort)

skull-splitter

And it rarely adds a sense that I couldn't miss.

2D all the way, whenever possible. But sometimes that choice is taken from us customers by only releasing th 3D option.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Not watching 3D until the day they come up with a new technology that we don't need stupid glasses to watch 3D. Went one time and my eyes was hurting during the entire film.

Corporal Hicks

I'm not a huge fan of 3D (IMAX I f**king love) but I would never begrudge the fans who do want and enjoy 3D.

goose_3387

Standard 2D for me. Whatever is cheapest. Not paying £30 at Odeon for a 90-100 minute movie.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Avatar and Prometheus were amazing in 3d. I'd love to see predator in 3d Imax. That basic 2d I can wait for blu ray

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Russia

+ Dolby Atmos (2D)

and of course Standard 2D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed