Things You Want in the New Predator Film

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 11:52:10 PM

Author
Things You Want in the New Predator Film (Read 14,982 times)

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 06, 2014, 03:33:28 PM
What out of focus picture? They were annoyed because sticking Amanda Ripley into the game adds the likelihood of daft plot contrivances, same as with Ellen in Out of the Shadows.

And most people dismissed the game because Colonial Marines was a total clusterf*ck. I think they're entitled to some cynicism after that steaming pile.

Sorry, the out of focus photo/press release thing wasn't directed at this - its just a general trend (remember when the picture of Superman came out pre-Man of Steel, or more recently the new Batman suit). My point was (clearly badly-made) that fans DO tend to make snap judgements, often based on the flimsiest of evidence (eg - Superman has big hair, this will destroy DC and Warners for all time. Or, in this case "It has Ripley's daughter - its going to be more shit than "Shit Jack" McShit, winner of last year's "Mr Shit" competition.).

Quote from: MH-875 on Aug 06, 2014, 08:22:34 PM
Hell, were I Hollywood I would do it too because I want my science fiction/action/fantasy films to make heaps of money.  If I tell a relatively faultless story with those genres, it's a happy accident.

I really will laugh my head off if there is a Shaeffer or a Ripley in there now *lol*

SM

Quote from: Russ on Aug 06, 2014, 03:29:46 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 06, 2014, 03:11:30 PM

When it was announced, beaucoup fans were annoyed that they were apparently shoehorning another Ripley in there, contrary to what we (supposedly) know from the films.

The reason you don't hear it much now is because I think people are getting genuinely excited by what we're being shown.

I refuse to believe that fans would actually condemn something utterly based on nothing but a press release and a single out of focus picture and then start screaming that the game would be shit and bury the franchise forever.

Oh, wait...

lolwut

No one started screaming it would be shit - but shoehorning Amanda in there is amazingly contrived, and deserves to be criticised as such.

Russ

Well, clearly that was an exaggeration, no fans of the Alien ever overreact about anything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed